HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#221 The_Cultist

The_Cultist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted August 31 2012 - 01:49 PM

So, uhm, yeah, hi everybody.

I'm the Cultist. I chose that alias for the following reasons:

1. It doesn't say much. It indicates that I'm one of many, a blank face among blank faces and that my actions must make me the individual I wish to be.

2. I have a weird fascination with mankind's superstitions which are usually expressed through "religions" and "cults". Thus, I find it somewhat fitting.

Why am I here_

Because I read a preview that's been published on my local gaming-review-community-site (damn that's a long name O_o) and was stoked. Mind you I have never been big on Shootergames and the last Mech-Based shooter I played was Starsiege. And it may be because of the beautiful memories that came back up of that game that I hope to relive through Hawken, though I also hope to be enthralled by the game's very own qualities.

What makes me awesome_

Apart from a healthy dose of megalomania, it's also that I'm hard pressed to make it in the (alternative) music business. I can play Drums, Guitar/Bassguitar and am member of two Metalbands, one being a more straightforward approach and the other of a psychedelic/experimental one.

My gaming experience so far stems from RTSs and RPGs and is a little weak on the competetive side, I admit, though I can't say I'll make easy prey to the average opponent :X

So yeah, that's all about me. I look forward to chill with you guys until our little baby Hawken is hatched and we may take it to the park to play :3
The violent are the passionate who've lost their way.

Some may say: "I'm wishing my days away"
No way! And if it's the price I pay.
Some say: "Tomorrow's another day"
You stay - I may as well pay

#222 K9Hadouken

K9Hadouken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 03 2012 - 08:10 PM

Whats up dude and dudettes, I'm K9Hadouken.  Been PC gaming off and on since Oregon Trail.  I'm extremely stoked for Hawken to come out, I really love the style and fastpaced mech action.

#223 Ender_Wiggin

Ender_Wiggin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted September 05 2012 - 10:03 AM

Been playing games online since Unreal Tournament '99.  I tend to focus on clan play, and rarely do I play games that are unfriendly to groups.  I also am an avid RPG fan (Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, etc.) and don't tend to ride bandwagons when it comes to a fanbase.  (Good example is I loved final fantasy 6-13, while not enjoying any of the spinoffs, Tactics included.  Most FF fans have a few games they regard as the pillar of excellence, and tend to bash every other FF game and claim Square's games are getting worse each year.  I tend to consider FF13 one of the best jRPGs I've played in a very long time, in a good way.  I also did not mind the ending of ME3.)  Simply put, I play for my own pleasure.  

Outside of the virtual realm, I'm a history student focusing on medieval history in Europe, am a distance runner, and love to read.  I watch movies a lot, and I love tea.  I hate country music, rap, and teeny-bopper noise.  Classical, orchestral, and rock music are where I gravitate.  Cultural works are good sometimes too.

And yes, I totally did use the name of the crippled kid from Game of Thrones.

I'm currently playing League of Legends (NA servers,) Battlefield 3 PC, and Guild Wars 2 (Crystal Desert, not that it matters.)  I don't take kindly to ragers, so if you're nice and want to make a new friend, send me a PM and we'll get setup! :)

#224 CFlickster

CFlickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFullerton, CA

Posted September 06 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm cody and I work in post production audio for television/film and I'm trying to make a move into games. I have been playing video games my whole life and love pretty much all of them. Fav games of all time have to be in no particular order and not limited to: Chrono Trigger, Earthbound (SNES), Starcraft and many many more. In my spare time when I'm not playing games or working, I mess around with music and sounds in MaxMSP.
Your dream isn't fulfilled by anyone;
it just comes on a strong wind one day.

#225 RAITHOS

RAITHOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 07 2012 - 10:29 PM

Whats up ladies and gents. I'm RA1TH0S and I am awesome because my mom told me I was everyday growing up lol so it must be true!

I love PC gaming, my cat, anime and women who tolerate my obsession with playing games and watching anime, who aren't allergic to cats. Because I will pick my cat over anyone, any day of the week!  :D

But seriously, the style and tremendous effort put into this game is obvious, and I cannot wait to get play it.  I honestly wish they was going to be a physical edition of it because I wish I could have it on my book shelf next to the rest of my collection.

#226 MaxTwelve

MaxTwelve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted September 09 2012 - 06:09 PM

Twelve, MaxTwelve

I have played and beta/alpha tested so many games I get migraines just trying to make the list of them. I now keep a spreadsheet for reference and for when I am asked during any submission process in a new game.

I am balance, I am the lone wolf, but happy in my pack. I am a senior quality assurance analyst,  a sculptor, photographer, motorcycle rider, and a kick ass father. I am raising my kids to be awesome geeks.

#227 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted September 09 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hey guys whats up_ I'm Fat Ninja Walrus. That's a lot, so most people shorten it to Ninja Walrus, or just Walrus or Ninja. Or, on occasion, even just "Hey, Fat"       lol     I'm a junior at University of Dubuque, IA studying biology, with emphasis on mammology (fuzzy things) and ornithology (feathery things).  I play oboe and tuba, and I used to play violin.  I have watched Soul Eater and am in the process of watching Fullmetal Alchemist. Also watching Doctor Who (there's not a lot to do in college in your spare time haha) And yes, I'm a brony. Don't worry, I'm not obnoxious about it.

Fat Ninja Walrus comes from when my friend tried to steal my drink at lunch in high school, without even looking up from what I was reading I reached up and snatched it away as he tried to grab it. His response was something along the lines of "Whoa you're like a... fat... ninja, walrus... who can hide in a tree - but no one sees him up there!" I have since adopted that nickname for all my online personas. I kind of need to change it though, because I'm not fat anymore :D

I like um... stuff. Mainly video games. Lots of video games. I found out about Steam a couple years back from a friend, and have since converted over to it (500+ hours in Team Fortress 2, woo hoo!). I like it so much, instead of getting a console, when I get the money I'm going to essentially make a desktop in a suitcase, for portability.  Then I'll hook it up to my TV, use controllers, and poof, works like a console, runs games like a tank.

Heard about Hawken from a friend, went and watched one trailer, and nearly shat a brick. This game instantly surpassed my want for all others, except, perhaps, for Assassin's Creed III. This game looks amazing, absolutely amazing. I've always wanted a mech game, never got the chance to play one. The fact that this has been proclaimed the best mech game of like, all time, just makes this opportunity even better. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I love becoming INCREDIBLY proficient at the games I play (its almost an obsession), and I don't plan on this one being any different.

TL;DR: Animals are awesome, Doctor Who is awesome, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is awesome, video games are awesome, music is awesome, books are awesome (RIP Michael Chrichton, you will be missed), being a geek is awesome, Team Fortress 2 is REALLY FREAKING AWESOME, Hawken looks like it will be REALLY FREAKING AWESOME as well, and I plan on being awesome at Hawken. And so, my life is nothing but awesome sauce.
Posted Image

#228 Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationI'm on a boat!

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:42 PM

fatninjawalrus wrote:

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is awesome
Oh god the bronies have found this game, there goes the neighborhood. JK though, welcome to the forums. :)

#229 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 12:22 PM

The bronies have been here forever. There's even a thread.  ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#230 Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Whiskey_Tango_Foxtrot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationI'm on a boat!

Posted September 12 2012 - 07:58 PM

Haha, guess I'm a little late on the draw then, but what else is new X3

p.s. Love your signature

#231 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted September 12 2012 - 08:28 PM

new mission aquired: locate brony thread
:DD
Posted Image

#232 SquidSticks

SquidSticks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationThe Dallas, TX

Posted September 13 2012 - 11:23 AM

What's good homies.

I'm Squid. I talk...a lot. I am the PS3 Director for FraggedNation but because of my massive obsession with Mechwarrior when I was in MS/HS, I have gravitated towards Hawken.

Keeping it simple:
- USN 04-08
- I'm extremely active in the Uncharted 3 community.
- Been married for 7 years to my best friend
- I have a dog, who is quite possibly someone who came back from after-life for a second chance
- I work for FraggedNation, own Don't Taunt Me Bro, run the social side of Don't Revive Me Bro, write on EvilSourceGaming and high five ninja midgets.
- Let's talk music
- Live in the great country of Texas
- Pants
- Sandwiches

With Love,
Squid Face
Please keep your signature images smaller than your posts.

http://i1050.photobu...id/26704888.jpg

#233 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted September 14 2012 - 08:13 PM

This thread's had a good run, but I've decided to lock it to make way for the new Introduction Forum. Be sure to check it out, give yourself a shout-out, and make each other feel welcome!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users