HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#41 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 24 2011 - 09:56 PM

Irrelevant said:

Got a deviant art page_ I want to see more of your mech designs.
http://flyingdebris.deviantart.com/
Mech time all the time

#42 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted April 24 2011 - 10:55 PM

Flyingdebris said:

Awesome! ;]

#43 KingLordOfMaster

KingLordOfMaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hi I'm Tram (sometimes, tRampage), 20 years old.

I live in Sweden and mechs is something I've always had in my heart. When I was 6-7 years old. I watched my Transformer VHS over and over and over. Sometimes 3 times a day! It was only the first three episodes of Generation 1 but it totally sucked me in.
However, obtaining any mecha things in Sweden is very hard. Especially back in the 90's.

But then Fox Kids showed Medabots, and Kanal 5 showed Transformers Armada, happy!

Then of course, the MechWarrior genre. Great games once you reconfiged the keys.
I'm currently playing CosmicBreak, because it's the closest thing to an online mech game I have a hold of. And it's quite fun to!

I've been waiting for a game like Hawken to come around. And it finally did! Mech game is a dying breed, even tho very successful in the 90's. I am glad a mech game of this quality is coming around.

#44 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 06:22 PM

Flyingdebris said:

Did some work for game companies a few years back including  day 1 studios for Fear 3 (designed the look of both their power armors :3)

That's awesome! I really like the FEAR series, especially the second one. Looking forward to the third.

#45 WarInHeaven

WarInHeaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 04:58 AM

i'm WarInHeaven, just call me War it sounds cool

real name's Kris, and i'm from 'ye olde continent', Belgium to be more precise

ever since watching the gundam series, the mech-bug bitted me and when i found mecha games all gamer-hell broke loose  :geek:

i'm trying to get into art-school and hoping to make a living as a concept artist
i'm into games, modeling (miniatures), writing and art  

found Hawken by total luck, and i'm absolutely diggin' it

#46 vesper1

vesper1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just noticed this thread...

I'm a gamer who's spent way too much time in front of games of all kind. I have a C64 stashed somewhere in my secret lair, a dusty PS2, an even dustier PSP, a mid-range PC desktop that runs enough games to make me lose even more time and a solid collection of boardgames. I also dabbled in many different walks of life and am currently spending my time as a corporate slave.

Have I already mentioned that I love games_ ;-)

I'm awesome, because you think I am - thank you.
Recruiting to the Bad Luck XIII Hawken Clan - interested_ Send me a PM.
[almost there...] http://hawkenwiki.net/ (all hail Ashfire908)

#47 Daishi

Daishi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted April 26 2011 - 10:43 PM

Hi everyone.

My name is William Judd; I'm a games journalist based in the UK. I was lucky enough to interview Dave about Hawken a few weeks ago and I'm super excited to see that the official Hawken forums have gotten rolling.
Posted Image

#48 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 27 2011 - 03:49 AM

It's great that you could be here Mr. Judd. Your interview was very informative and helped generate some really awesome discussions in these boards.

#49 TimRidley

TimRidley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA, USA

Posted April 27 2011 - 12:41 PM

Flyingdebris said:

Irrelevant said:

Got a deviant art page_ I want to see more of your mech designs.
http://flyingdebris.deviantart.com/

Oh, I've seen your DA page. Fantastic work!  :D

#50 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted April 27 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi! I'm Jack Dandy, and I'm not awesome at all.
I do love a very specific kind of giant robots though, and Hawken scratches me the right way.

I like pretty much every kind of game, as long as it is good and challenging. Chuck Nethack at me and I'll love it just as much as I would Devil May Cry 3.

ALSO: Holy CRAP, Debris! YOU'RE that guy who drew those pics_ :shock:
I always see them getting posted on /m/, but I had no idea it was you! They kick ass!

#51 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 27 2011 - 04:20 PM

haha yup,  :lol:

and thanks!
Mech time all the time

#52 Daishi

Daishi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted April 28 2011 - 03:17 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

It's great that you could be here Mr. Judd. Your interview was very informative and helped generate some really awesome discussions in these boards.

That's very kind of you, thanks.
Posted Image

#53 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 01 2011 - 09:06 PM

Hello there, I'm Ashfire908 (you can call me either Ashfire or Ash for short). I'm a first-year college student in the computer programming field and I hail from Wisconsin. I've been gaming basically all my life, 99% of which was single-player campaigns on consoles (although I've recently looked at getting into PC gaming). My focus in recent years has been on shooters (primarily Halo), though Hawken has revived my long-time interest in Mech games. I found out about Hawken through a friend of mine who sent me a random link to the gameplay video, which I fell in love with.

My first experience with Mech games was with MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries. I totally sucked at it though (as I did with all games at that age), and didn't touch Mech games again until MechAssault 1 & 2. After that I played ChromeHounds (of which I got a bad first impression and did not play for more than a couple hours).

Outside of gaming I basically only have one hobby and that's computers, which is where I spend the rest of my time (I love computers but I only game on consoles, figure that out). As to how I'm awesome... I got nothin'.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#54 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 02 2011 - 12:23 PM

This is Guillem a.k.a The Silencer from Europe. (My online friends call me Sil or Guillem).
All started with a 16 colors jet-fighters PC game many years ago. Since then, I started modding games like for example the first Duke Nukem title by accurately placing shites along self-made corridors and later big custom maps :P. Then I made lots of mods during many years for the Total Annihilation game ( I'm the guy behind the Arm Expansion Spider Pack).
Later, I worked for the Supreme Commander game as Designer assistant, Tools consultant and Beta-tester. After that, I had my big fun at beta-testing SupCom:FA and Supreme Commander 2.
So we can say that I have my roots in the RTS sector although I've played dozens of other FPS and SIM games. It's been fun and I hope It's gonna be fun again in here.

Oh, I forgot.. my background is analysis and programming. I've been designing and coding Web sites, translating technical documentation and, lately, working as ITT for a living. I've made 2D/3D stuff as well. I've also made missions for the Beyond the Red Line game plus many other cool and fun thingies. Although I'm supposed to be brief on here; so as you can see I do love games, mechas and futuristic stuff! ;)

This game has definitely caught my attention so... Cheers and see ya soon in the battlefield!!. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#55 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 03 2011 - 04:20 AM

Whoa, that's pretty cool.
I didn't realize we have so many "professionals" in the forum.

I'm feeling way outta my league here!  :lol:

#56 colR

colR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSheltering from the rain, Scotland

Posted May 04 2011 - 02:59 AM

ColOfNature - or just Col, if you prefer. I haven't played a mech game since Mechwarrior 2, but I saw the video of Hawken on RPS and decided I wanted some of that.

I play games much less now than I did in yester year - I'm getting old and don't have the stamina for all night sessions any more (that's what she said) - but I'll try anything once (that's what she said), and some things I'll do again and again (that's what... well, you get the idea)!

No consoles, just a slightly creaky old PC. I'm on Steam and Evolve as colR so feel free to add me on either/both.

Baadaye!

#57 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 04 2011 - 09:47 AM

(that's what she said)... Hahahah! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#58 HardBaller

HardBaller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBeach, Netherlands

Posted May 05 2011 - 01:19 AM

Guess i'll also introduce myself since i'm planning on being here for a wile :).

I'm Tim aka HardBaller, 26yrs and from the Netherlands.

I'm just another geek who loves gaming and technology. So ofcourse i also love mechs.
First time i came in contact witch mechs was when i got my first VHS for my 6th bday. That VHS was from the original SDF Macross and ever since then i've been addicted. I'll admit that most of what i see is anime or manga about or with mechs but i dare say that i've pretty much seen them all to. As far as gaming that started about the same time with the old 8bit nintendo and later the snes (wich i actually still own). Never stopped gaming and stepped over on to the playstation when the first one came out and never left. Right now i own all consoles. NDS, Xbox, PS3, PSP well i don't have a WII but can you blame me.

For the rest i'm just looking forward to playing Hawken. It has the best of all my loves combined. It's mechs and mmo. THE combination that gives me an itch i can only remove with playing haha.

That's about it. Like i said nothing special but if you do have a question feel free to ask away.

Cya.
Posted Image

#59 Gwhardo

Gwhardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 09:47 AM

Yarrrr this be thee dread pirate Gwhardo!

Well not really but a couple year long stint of talking like one, as well as an alcohol fueled night involving more than a couple flats of beer would be how my friends tagged me with my screen/XBL/PSN name.

I am a 33 year old who has been gaming since I was 4. Ahh the good ole days of thinking how cool it was to have a C64 connected to the monitor and T.V. at the same time. Fast forward 29 years and I still have that C64 as well as 25 odd other consoles and a library of 600+ games. I know the game count is not as high as you would think, but alas I hath decided to procreate and that does take priority.

But having a 12 year old boy who has beaten both Mega Man (excluding 9 and 10) and the Mega Man X series by age 8 gives me hope for the future generation. Add to that My daughter is 9 today and besides DJ Hero and Rock Band (drums only) her favorite game is Naughty Bear I think im doing all right.

My love of Mechs come from the first Mech Warrior on our old 486 with a stylin turbo button, I think I may have been 11 or 12 at that time. No idea what I was doing, but discovering a fluctuating marketplace and using it to amass a fortune before you go anywhere was what gave me my high levels of patience for grinding when I discovered RPG's.

While my gaming roots started PC I am console Hard Core! (yes I caps'd that!) Still have and maintain the NES I bought when I was 12, and excluding the most recent consoles I maintain/clean all my own stuff.

I also happen to be a Canadian, but that just means I get drunk and shoot you in the face... In the nicest way I can, but do not expect me to be a peacekeeper.

Oh almost forgot, discovered Hawken either watching Xplay or Reviews on the run, cannot remember what one as I was more excited for Thor (go see that and wait till after credits!!! Movie rocked!!!)m plus there was some kinda green plants smoky haze all over that may have clouded my judgment. :ugeek:

#60 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 05 2011 - 08:30 PM

Aye! Welcome aboard, Gwhardo! :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users