HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

instakilled by slug rifle_

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:47 AM

Since CBE2 there have been numerous times where I am either outright instantly killed by a slug/sabot rifle shot, or more often than not dropped down to ~100 health. What gives_ Has anyone else experienced this_ I do not have video evidence but I suppose I could fetch some.
Posted Image

#2 M0nkeyPunch

M0nkeyPunch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:14 AM

Sounds to me like you're quite possibly being hit by multiple targets at once making it look like you're getting insta-killed by a certain weapon.
Posted Image
Siege enthusiast

#3 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostM0nkeyPunch, on November 10 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Sounds to me like you're quite possibly being hit by multiple targets at once making it look like you're getting insta-killed by a certain weapon.

Yeah, this or lag. The slug and sabot rifles have really long reload times. What's likely happening is that you're getting hit by one or more Sharpshooters who have hit their increase damage ability. It allows them to have a lot of burst damage, but not so much DPS. Try getting behind cover and waiting out the damage buff if you notice yourself getting hit hard like that.
Posted Image

#4 Korriban87

Korriban87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:14 AM

I instakilled a guy today with the sharpie but it wasn't just a sabot hit.
I shot a detonator at him without being noticed and when I saw the thing hitting him, I fired the sabot + slug... one big boom. I also had the class skill active.

Btw, if you play an A class mech, which have very few HP, a sabot hit will put you in pretty bad shape, but it won't kill you.... the second hit will.

Edited by Korriban87, November 10 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#5 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:15 AM

Sharpy's firing slug and sabot at the same time are really problematic XD
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#6 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:29 AM

If you're a type-A and you're fighting a pack of two or more skilled sharpshooters, you're gonna have a bad time. When we F-ability and fire salvos together, it can end lives pretty fast.

Posted Image

#7 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:29 AM

Well i think that sharpshooter mech is pretty well balanced. Engaging 1v1 with an assault/berserk/infiltrator is a death in close to even mid range combat. You can engage a rocketeer or brawler dodging their special/main weapon with proper timing but breaking through their tank is just sooo time consuming. On the other hand, given a proper positioning, you can totally wreck enemy, idk if it works that way but it seems to me that engaging from a longer distance actually makes my shots hurt more. So get the guy from behind, pop you ability and he's dead.
Or even better get a good sniping position, high and from a side, from which you can see where your mates are going. Let them engage, w8 for a good aim and wreck that m**********r :) . You get a kill they get their exp AND enemy's eu/life.
Now... if your mates would acually give a sh** about that EU or take it to the base instead of looking for another fight becasue they don't know they had help and feel so awesome... nvm.

EDIT://
Ops, forgot to write about what this topic is about :P
Yesterday on titan, when i was cosy camping high above E2 i saw an assault (meaby it was infiltrator in rookie design_). I thought - let's wait a second to see if he'll stop moving fo a really good "photoshooting". He did. So i popped my ability and the first shot i did was with sabot riffle to his face while he was turning back (i hit his erm.. "window") and he's health dropped from about 95% to like 10%... needless to say it wasn't long till my slug riffle finished him. I'm not sure but i think it was the guy that said it's his first game. I felt kinda good, bad and weird at the same time :S ... .
Even though i had a pretty good view of him and surroundings, i can't say if there was anyone that shoot him at the exact same moment. But if there was any (sharpshooter) that could actually see him in that place, he'd have to be on my right hand so he'd have to get a shot at his back in the moment of that poor guy's turn, propably with his power up also on, that would have explained the damage done.. but still, as i said i havev't noticed anyone shooting at him.

Ps. Sorry for my poor engrish.

Edited by Sparkard, November 10 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#8 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:41 AM

Happens to me a few times, then I realize for a split second there are either a couple Sharpshooters who have clear LOS, or that I remember I had about half Armor on my Class-A. They typically do this, gives a nice surprise to the receiving end if it isn't death.

#9 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:20 AM

Instakill with just the sabot+slug is a bit far fetched; All I have used since A2 is the SS and I can guarantee you that either you were low on HP to begin with before the frag, or you got team shotted.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#10 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:04 AM

Lag/multiple shooters makes a lot more sense. Whenever it happened to me there was usually an atrocious lag spike so I'll chalk it up to that. I suppose I'll just have to be more careful... :ph34r:
Posted Image

#11 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:36 AM

Let's see here
  • Sabot rifle hits for 180 damage
  • Slug rifle hits for 80 damage
  • Special ability is +10% damage
286 damage hurts, but it won't one-shot you. You're either getting hit by multiple damage sources or didn't notice some damage from earlier.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users