HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Question on optimisations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:02 AM

Do they work_
+0.25 fire rate for my special weapon, which i assume is my sabot riffle, i should be able to fire it twice as fast (pretty OP, i know) as its standard fire rate is .2 .
Another thing is that statistics bars for weapons (etc.) are quite random (unless they account for dps and not dmg) and don't change with upgrades so it's hard to tell.

#2 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:11 AM

They work.  But twice as fast_  Where did you get that idea_ If it worked that well EVERYONE would use it.   That just slightly increases the reload speed of each shot.  Admittedly the exact difference isn't shown in a format most people would understand.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#3 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:25 AM

As a veteran of the sharpshooter class I would highly recommend to invest in the primary weapon rate internal component to boost the slug rifle 8%. this really helps a lot and allows you to dish out pain a bit faster.

I personally invest majority of tech points Into the mobility tree and a few in defense for the dodge and radar buff

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#4 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:53 AM

Optimizations are small boosts, and personally kept that way. They're a bit of a bonus for playing a mech long enough, but it shouldn't be made so a player with a rank 1 mech will always get stomped by a rank 20 even if the former is more skilled as a player in HAWKEN.

They're barely noticeable, you could try testing to see how long you can fire weapons before overheating, or test their RoF before and after the optimization to see if it really works. Only if it tickles your fancy to make you do so.

Also as far as I know, weapon/ability upgrades (from leveling your mech) aren't in effect yet. Hopefully they will also give small benefits, nothing too large like +25% damage, or -30% Heat, as that would cause some serious issues.

#5 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:19 AM

The firing rate of the sabot is .2 meaning .2 bullets per second, or 1 bullet every 5 seconds. The +0.25 is for reload speed, making your weapon reload .25 seconds faster. So goes from 1 bullet every 5 seconds to 1 bullet every 4.75 seconds. The internal "Special Weapon Loader" works the same way. Hope this makes more sense.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#6 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 11:16 AM

@DDwarrior:
From the description_

@IceTonic:
Thx, Cpt.Obvious.

@NotKjell:
No, +0.25 is for fire rate.

@NIGHTRAV3N:
I put my points mainly to offensive tree because snipers don't need to run, dodge in CQC or tank, but i have to make my shots hurt.
I'm mostly playing siege mode and end up first on the scoreboard 90% of time with 10-15/1-2 k/d (kills may not be so impressive but i get most of my exp from eu from dead mechs and when assisting my mates so i ussually end with ~30 assists and 3-5k exp) so i'll stay with what suits me best.
Also, i use special weapon fire rate booster for 10% boost on sabot riffle and amazing kills with power ability on (although i wonder wouldn't 5% bonus damage be better in that particular matter (sniping on power up)).

So it seems i have a minor bug to post in bugs section.

Edited by Sparkard, November 10 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#7 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostSparkard, on November 10 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

@DDwarrior:
From the description_

@IceTonic:
Thx, Cpt.Obvious.

@NotKjell:
No, +0.25 is for fire rate.

@NIGHTRAV3N:
I put my points mainly to offensive tree because snipers don't need to run, dodge in CQC or tank, but i have to make my shots hurt.
I'm mostly playing siege mode and end up first on the scoreboard 90% of time with 10-15/1-2 k/d (kills may not be so impressive but i get most of my exp from eu from dead mechs and when assisting my mates so i ussually end with ~30 assists and 3-5k exp) so i'll stay with what suits me best.
Also, i use special weapon fire rate booster for 10% boost on sabot riffle and amazing kills with power ability on (although i wonder wouldn't 5% bonus damage be better in that particular matter (sniping on power up)).

So it seems i have a minor bug to post in bugs section.

Um....firing rate is reload speed. The displayed firing rate of .2 means .2 bullets per second. This is confirmed and known, you can check yourself on all guns. The sabot has a confirmed reload speed of 5 seconds. The writing on the optimization tree/special weapons loader is a bit strange, but what is does is drop the reload speed by that much, hence increasing firing rate. Again, you can test it yourself. You'll see the change easiest on the TOW or Grenade launcher as their reload speed is 3 seconds. Get the internal and optimization on a mech with wither if you can and measure the firing rate/reload speed.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users