HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Screenshot button

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:12 PM

As the topic states.
I really don't know why no one suggested it yet.

#2 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:32 PM

I think there is one, not sure if its disabled but there happens to be a screenshot folder. There should be a rebindable screenshot key, since I don't see one yet I have screenshots in there. Shouldn't be too difficult to add one in, right_

C:Users[Username]DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameScreenshots\

#3 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:11 PM

Interesting, setting aside the fact that i haven't checked that particular folder for screenshots as Win Games have way too many sometimes way too "hidden" folders to place important things in (AppData, roaming, locale and sometimes in current user folder sometimes not).
I don't have a screenshot folder in
C:Users[Username]DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGame
The fact that every game have it's own way to make screenshots and hawken is bound to have one sooner or later is obvious and it is to be expected that hawken team probably have it on their TODO list.
I'd just like to say that i'd rather have it sooner than later, especially as it is a huge help for trouble/bugs shooting and seeing that there is no NDA on CBE and players are even encouraged to make some screenshots and videos.
(Meaby they didn't want stupid ppl to post bugs around and say how bugged this game is/could be while CBE is aimed especially at bug shooting :P )

Edited by Sparkard, November 10 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#4 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:18 PM

It would be nice to have it sooner, though I'm sure it wouldn't be too big of an issue if Print Screen didn't give a blank copy of what should of been their screenshot for some users. Also for some reason, my HAWKEN screenshot folder is glitchy. I'm personally glad I rely on FRAPS for this at least, though I know Dxtory and other 3rd-party programs work just as well for such.

Attached Files

#5 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:43 PM

http://community.pla...tan/#entry88508
Apparently devs care only about some bugs.

@IceTonic:
On a side note.
"Saved Notifications
IceTonic liked a post you made in Screenshot button"... and this whole conversation here.
You want me to feel bad for that "Thx. Cpt.Obvious", don't you >,.,< .

#6 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:55 PM

Oh, so [F3] does take screenshots_ That's interesting, I don't remember the last time I've pressed that for screens.

As for "Thx. Cpt.Obvious" hah, what_ I (typically) don't want to make people feel bad, most of the time. Depends on what they do, or what they say.

#7 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:19 PM

F9 takes screenshots.

Don't push F10, though - that will take a much larger screenshot (a different command) that will, by the time the game finishes taking the screenshot, likely mean you will have been killed. :P

Edited by DarkPulse, November 10 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users