HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On abusing of the Enemy Sighted message

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yes, there is always people trying to fuzzy bunny up the fun of their team mates... as for example abusing of this tactical message.

All the frakking game listening that: Enemy Sighted. Even whilst we were watching the stats and waiting for the next row of games. And we had not way to stop that.

Devs, please, solve this annoying issue somehow.

Edited by The_Silencer, November 10 2012 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#2 TheAriDee

TheAriDee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 10 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

All the frakking game listening that: Enemy Sighted. Even whilst we were watching the stats and waiting for the next row of games. And we had not way to stop that.

Not to be mean, but what did you just say_ Row of games...._

#3 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think he means in between maps

#4 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think there are odd occurrences in a game where the match ends while there is still a Radar Item on the field. I happen to have this on my Sharpshooter, and if the match ends while it is active, with an enemy within range of being detected it will continue to use the "Enemy Sighted" voice command until the map/objects are despawned.

It could get really annoying when you have more than one of them active in the field. Unless you mean regular players doing this, I haven't really tried or seen a way someone can continue to use it when a match ends.

Edited by IceTonic, November 10 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:24 PM

Whatever is the reason for this to happen, listening this or any other voice message for ever is pretty annoying. To not say it breaks immersion as well.

Would not be bad idea to take this into consideration in further builds of the game.

BTW; I'm one of those pilots wanting taunts in the game. The same solution the devs could figure out in order to counter this could work Vs. pilots abusing of taunts in the future.

@TheAriDee: Yeah, in between maps (ty, Gestankfaust).

Edited by The_Silencer, November 10 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#6 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:39 PM

So like this but less funny_

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#7 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 10 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

So like this but less funny_

That made my day.

On topic, I don't really notice the enemy sighted spam. It just keeps me on my toes...then again I'm one of those guys who does that occasionally.

Think of it as a motivator! :D

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#8 CakeBandit

CakeBandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSears, shopping for mech chassis.

Posted November 10 2012 - 06:42 PM

I don't know who you are, but I like you , Spacecat.

Also, I love that thing. as soon as someone starts hitting that team cohesion goes up a BILLION PERCENT.
Posted Image

#9 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:26 PM

This seems to be problem with many sounds, something about ending the game while it's playing causes it to repeat until a new game starts or you leave the match.

#10 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:44 PM

http://www.tf2sounds...p_id=981

that is all

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#11 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:53 AM

I haven't noticed much message spamming, really. Though I like to make efficient use of spotting and requesting aid.
Posted Image

#12 Makhaon

Makhaon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:02 AM

I don't mind the message in game. It helps me pay attention and alerts me to danger. However, whatever is causing it to repeat over and over in the lobby after a match is completed should be fixed.

#13 bac9

bac9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:38 PM

Here are some ideas on improving tactical alerts: http://community.pla...actical-alerts/ , if anyone is interested.

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:54 PM

I've not heard that message repeating over and over... so we can assume that moronic users are the cuase of that. (that is .. not a bug).

You may check these links on tactical alerts and on improving team feedback as well:

*for some reason The forum does not allow me to post these links. Proceed with an adv. search if you wish.. *sigh*...

On Tactical markers   -   Request on team ...

P.S. Taunts would be much appreciated too.

Edited by The_Silencer, November 12 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Posted Image

#15 OhPlz

OhPlz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have heard the message get repeated after the match ends.  I do think it has to do with the radar turret (or whatever it's called).  I had deployed one right before that match ended.  I like that it plays the audio while the match is underway.  I kinda thought the audio after the end of the match was a spoof of that car commercial with the guy pretending to be a GPS says "recalculating" after the driver destroyed the car.  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users