HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The first time starting up.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted November 10 2012 - 10:33 PM

Upon  the first time people log in and look around, I believe there is an opportunity for something amazing and needed.

First you should be directed to your video settings right away, letting people get things set-up before contiuing.

Second there should be a small questionnaire. These questions do a few things, Most importantly, they decide which mech you start off with. People with something more suited to them will be more likely to stick around and play. Second, they could also give some backstory into the Hawken universe, with "excerpts from history" asking "What would you have done instead_". The latter of those would be what determines the players first mech.

Last you would be introduced to said mech. Explaining it's strengths and weaknesses with yet more "Excerpts from history" of how it came to be. And then asked if the player likes the cut of it's gib, if not, The player is shown a selection of entry level mechs (As i assume there will be more added in the future) and asked to choose one.

All this is on release day where there is no free money handouts like we in beta see, This gives people starting up both some interesting backstory, and a mech they are more likely to keep playing with. And thus stick around, and pay money for snazzy parts, and..... You get it.
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users