HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Disconnected due to inactivity

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:19 AM

Got disconnected due to inactivity in a game but I was standing in a nice spot just sniping away at enemy players in Missile.  Had 7 kills 1 death and 12 assists before disconnected.  Tried to re-join the game but got the "Failed to Connect" error.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

#2 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:22 AM

Dont camp.

No seriously. In objective games like Missile and Siege, you are not helping your team. Is it really that hard to take a couple steps now and then_

Edited by Inny, November 11 2012 - 02:34 AM.

#3 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:30 PM

I did not realize that there was an Anti camp thing but during the course of the game and the heat of the moment I just did nor realize that I have not moved. Was just concentrated on shooting the enemy and with the crash/disconnect I thought it was a bug so I reported it.

In all honesty, the team that we were playing against was not organized at all and we had all the silos and pushed them back all the way to their spawn point and to give them a fighting chance I sat in the middle of the map picking off those that came close to the middle silo since I had a great viewpoint of all three silos from my perch and was racking up a lot of kills and assists with 1 death.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

#4 aetner

aetner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 02:05 PM

Had this issue too. However, I was moving around, albeit in a limited space. (Was on a roof, shifted position to cover energy units or AA as needed.)

#5 NotAnExit

NotAnExit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted November 13 2012 - 03:27 AM

It appears to be because the inactivity timer is keyboard based.  If you are only moving your mouse, the game will kick you (which is seriously annoying).

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:34 AM

If you have been sitting in exactly one spot, without moving even an inch, for three minutes, it's probably a safe bet that you are not contributing much to your team, especially on non-deathmatch gametypes. The idle/camping kicker takes effect after 3 minutes of no movement across the map.

Hawken is a fast-paced FPS. Emphasis on 'fast-paced'. A mech remaining stationary for three minutes is not fast-paced.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users