HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

playable Beta_

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see a playable Beta (like Minecraft) (208 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a playable Beta (like Minecraft)

1. yes (113 votes [87.60%])

Percentage of vote: 87.60%

2. no (7 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

3. meh! (9 votes [6.98%])

Percentage of vote: 6.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 STAN1LESS

STAN1LESS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 03:17 AM

I think a closed beta would be the way to go as well.
"Guns Will Be Drawn"

#22 Man_Eating_Boar

Man_Eating_Boar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 03:32 AM

Do you want : Should they

Are two different Implications. Yes; I do want to have a public beta. Even though I ahve enjoyed testing games and giving feedback on said games in the past. I honestly think I would just play the beta for the selfish reason "To play and awesome game"

And no, I do not think that there should be a public Beta. The problem is that Minecraft while it had a Beta, was in itself an unknown boject. People didnt know what it was, and it was the first game of its kind. Whereas Hawken will be constantly compared to other Mech games out there, critiques will arise and sections will appear stating "If you do not change XXX I will not buy the game" I've seen this happen before.

#23 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 05 2011 - 11:06 AM

There're Family & Company members betas, closed betas and open betas.

Let see which one the Adhesive guys pick up. Well, if any... :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#24 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted May 05 2011 - 02:15 PM

Too many people confuse beta testing with an open demo these days. I'm sure if they have the resources, AG will perform closed alpha and beta testing, probably in-house or using a dedicated testing company. Very few titles actually have true open 'beta' testing periods anymore, where they are really testing code changes and pushing systems to try and find failures. Mostly, the modern 'beta' is as much a marketing test as gameplay trial, with the added benefit of allowing balancing issues to be tried in the wild pre-release.

#25 DishierPayload

DishierPayload

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:08 AM

I wish there was a beta.....

#26 Prospect

Prospect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted September 25 2012 - 12:59 AM

Just pointing out the game is currently in "Alpha phase 2" which was announced a week or so ago as for most phase the beta will be coming then possible open beta depending if the developers what it.

Operating System: CPU Type:    CPU Speed:   System Memory:      Video Card Model:
Windows 7 SP1     i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz     3.29 GHz          2 GB   GeForce GT 520

#27 theLAgunner240

theLAgunner240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 08:44 AM

is there a non-playable beta_

#28 Drone

Drone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted October 22 2012 - 02:54 AM

To be brutally honest, I think that putting it on current consoles is a waste of time. I think consoles as we know them are dead, the next line of "consoles" is going to be drastically different. If I were them I would sell a console that is nothing more than a receiver and make everything digitally purchasable and then streamed from a main supercomputer, that way consoles would never again get so far behind PC performance wise. We would do a favor to the environment by reducing wasted hardware also.

The people who want to just play a game without having to be a PC expert to make it work properly can do so with ease, and have all the perks that a PC user has without the hassle.

I want to see Hawken on Steam. Digital download just like Blacklight: Retribution. ~ another successful game I beta tested. Microsoft and Sony will fuzzy bunny you as a publisher and give you nothing but trouble. Stick with Valve.

Edited by Drone, October 22 2012 - 03:09 AM.

This platform is ready. Come at us...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image
www.blacksteelbrotherhood.enjin.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users