HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Multiplayer: Number of players and gamemodes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wikiti

Wikiti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpain, Canarias

Posted April 21 2011 - 12:52 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Daniel, as know as "wikiti" in the internet. I'm from Spain, and I saw this game in development a few days ago. Well... with one trailer and a video of gameplay in multiplayer game i can't say much... I wish to know more about the game, specially the mp mode (oh gosh, please don't c-c-c-combo break me by saying that this game wo'nt have multiplayer!).

I think the idea it's okay, just few big badass robots, some weapons, lot of things to destroy and leave your marks with your strong steps. But, please, don't make the multiplayer look like other games... They are nice at the beggining, but after a few times, they start to be boring... If you, developers, read this... Try making them as easier as you can. People want that, simple stuff (and I'm NOT telling you how to do your job, just mention some things). Some game-modes for multiplayer must be okay. Team-duels, all-vs-all duels, capture the flag/zone, place bomb, etc... Well... like other online FPS games, i guess...

And number of players per server... I think 4-5 per team (a total of 10) is the maximun amount of them. In this kind of games, i don't like too many players. You know, it becomes a chaos at the end. Of course, nobody likes chaos (beside halo fans... they are mad). So... I''m a bit tired, and probably I've typed a lot of stupid things that apport nothing to this forum. But I wanted to write something. And there you have it!

Greetings.

#2 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 21 2011 - 04:44 PM

I think team size / player count is mostly dependent on map size. Large teams are possible and could work well, depending on the size and type of environment you're playing in. I would prefer some chaos to boredom any day.

If this game does release as a XBL title, however, I would expect 6-8 per side for something like Team Deathmatch. I have not seen any info about gametypes, but some sort of objective-based game would be expected as well.

#3 Daishi

Daishi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted April 26 2011 - 11:09 PM

I asked this question a while back, here is the response:

We are working on two unique team modes aside from the regular deathmatch and team deathmatch.

Posted Image

#4 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted April 27 2011 - 05:04 AM

Just to relieve your worries; The whole game is based on multiplayer gameplay.
★★★★★

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users