HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EOC Repeater

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 11 2012 - 11:14 AM

I see a lot of people coplaining about this weapon. I personally think it is fantastic. I roll an infiltrator, and I enjoy the front loaded heavy burst damage you get from the eoc over the assualt rifle, especially in terms of sneaking up on enemies and popping them with a full eoc and grenade. I do, however, think that more attention should be paid the the "mine laying " aspect of the weapon. If pucks are stuck in a wall or on the ground, are they then triggered by proximity or contact_ Either way, I think the blast raidus should be slightly bigger. Also, what if you could tap thbe primary fire trigger to fire one puck at a time ( semi-auto, able to fire individual pucks at a rate equal to how fast you click), with the option to hold down the trigger to get the current default "full chain" fire. I think this would help bwith the weapon"s efficiency, especially is small skirmishes and 1v1 duels.
Posted Image

#2 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 11 2012 - 11:32 AM

Agreed. I find I have a hard time in CQC fights with the EOC equipped, and I've tested out the mine laying aspect of it and sometimes it explodes on enemy proximity. and sometimes it doesn't. Which leads me to believe that it may be on a timer.  

Also is the EOC damage dependent on the area of a mech that you hit_ It may be just me but I've noticed that arm and leg shots with it do a lot more damage.

EDIT: I'm a terrible speller

Edited by Astrolis, November 11 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 11 2012 - 12:48 PM

I would love to be able to sustain semi-auto fire by performing individual clicks. Would give it some much needed versatility compared to the HEAT cannon, which currently performs almost exactly the same tasks with a much greater ease of use. Ideally, it'd be:

Click click click = Pew pew pew (like a traditional semi-auto pistol)

Click @ hold (short) = Triple shot (like current single clicks)

Click @ hold (longer) = Load up to 6 pucks (unchanged)

I wouldn't mind the blast area being the same if we got something like the suggestion above.

Posted Image

#4 Cyberpunk

Cyberpunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLas vegas,NV

Posted November 11 2012 - 12:57 PM

The eoc reaper is a very powerful weapon,and will take some time to get good with
GAMING RIG SPECS:
Intel Core i5-760 2.8Ghz quad core
Patriot i5 Viper II 1600Mhz 8GB
EVGA P55 mobo
ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
1TB HARD-DRIVE
windows 7 64BIT

#5 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 11 2012 - 06:44 PM

yea i've using it for 2 days now. Its hard to use effectively after using the Heat or Assault rifle for so long! It does to massive damage however, i still feel like the heat cannon does a better job.

On that note, I do think that the EOC's ability to lay projectiles as mines is awesome. AsianJoyKiller has a hard time with me cuz I'd just throw down 5 mines in his/her path and then he/she would just dash over them. 5 mines is roughly half health on an A class mech so that plus a GL and/or HE Charges is a kill.

Still its very hard to fire on the move. I've also gotten into the bad habit of charging it up 100% of the time even when the standard 3 burst would serve me better.  However I've accepted the challenge already and now I must master it.

Edited by Astrolis, November 11 2012 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image

#6 ConsterMonster

ConsterMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:07 AM

I've got to say I too love this weapon. I had tried it one game at a time then switched in first beta (never got used to projectile speed), now I started using it I am happy to find it can be so effective - mainly because this is one of the coolest weapons in the game IMO (tied with heat cannon for soundfx and visual awesomness)

Although I like the single shot idea, I kind of like how you have to commit when firing this weapon. I always use full charge unless opponent at very low health, which adds a high risk/reward factor for close combat against light mechs in close combat.

It seems like higher dps on full charge to me, but does anyone know for sure_

#7 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oh, it does ridiculous dmg when fully charged. To what immie said, you could click click click for pew pew pew, hold down for three round burst, or hold the weapon utility button for full charge_ Maybe even make the fully charged mode a toggle, so clicking the weapon utility button would load up six pucks and store them, firing would discharge all six_ Crazy_ Maybe, but semi-auto would make this weapon amazing and more viable I think.
Posted Image

#8 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 12 2012 - 02:36 PM

I personally like how the EOC currently functions, at least on a conceptual level. I believe some of the details could use some tweaking.

For one, the projectile speed still feels slow. The shots are just a little too easy to dodge. Bumping the speed up a tad would do wonders.

Another welcome boost would be a reduction in the time it takes to fire a salvo. Decreasing the time between the pucks would serve the dual purpose of reducing the amount of time the shooter needs yo remain in LoS of the target, and make it easier to land the entire salvo.

Finally, increasing the the timeout and/or damage of the proxy-mine pucks would add a lit of utility to the weapon. The mine laying aspect is really cool, but in it's current state, it just isn't all that practical to use. Increasing the timeout (allowing you to have more mines out at once) or increasing the damage of the mines would make trap-setting a far more rewarding and viable tactic.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users