HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

In-Game profiles or Garage Access...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: In-Game Items (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be able to swap out items without exiting the game_

1. Yes, we should have garage access between deaths. (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. Yes, we should have in-game profiles to switch between. (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Yes, we should have garage access and profiles. (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

4. Yes, but only before the match starts. (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. Nah, it's fine the way it is. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:05 PM

I understand this is BETA, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, but this is rather annoying from a gaming perspective that we are unable to change/swap out items while in game. We literally need to quit out of game to access and change our mechs, making it EXTREMELY frustrating at times as it may be impossible to get back into the game you just left for the purpose of changing something.

While garage access during game-play has been spoken of a few times that I can recall, none of the topics I've seen really bring up the idea of profiles.

Profiles is where we have "slots" available for purchase for each mech, giving us the ability to have a different profiles for each game type or play style. This way, people can create individual mech profiles for TDM or Missile or Seige or what ever... mixing and matching optimizations and/or items based off the play type. I would really like to see this make an appearance in-game.

UPDATED:

Included the polling option: "Only before the match starts"

Edited by c0mad0r, November 11 2012 - 09:36 PM.

It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#2 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 01:41 PM

the only issue i see with this is for competitive play. if you allowed to change your masteries mid match it just seems a bit unfair. I would like to be able to access all 3 primary weapons on my mech while in game tho. so maybe a limited amount of garage access would be a nice compromise.

Edited by BuDeKai, November 11 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#3 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostBuDeKai, on November 11 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

the only issue i see with this is for competitive play. if you allowed to change your masteries mid match it just seems a bit unfair. I would like to be able to access all 3 primary weapons on my mech while in game tho. so maybe a limited amount of garage access would be a nice compromise.
When you're playing comp you only play one game-type, so your mech is already tuned for that type. When you play pub matches, you are more likely to bounce around between DM, TDM, etc where having profiles would make sense over being able to use the garage mid-game. Thus why I suggested them both in a poll... pro's and con's for garage, but not profiles really.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

#4 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 08:38 PM

are you implying there wont be any differences in role in comp play_ like wat about stacking in movement for collecting energy, and switching to defense for holding the AA

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#5 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostBuDeKai, on November 11 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

are you implying there wont be any differences in role in comp play_ like wat about stacking in movement for collecting energy, and switching to defense for holding the AA
Not if profiles are only available/selectable when you start the match / enter the game.

#6 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 09:29 PM

i would like this but only allowed imbetween matches and not during a match

edit: would like some saved optimization pages that i can just pick before the next match starts

Edited by Rooslin, November 11 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#7 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 11 2012 - 10:12 PM

I chose 'Yes, we should have garage access and profiles', but i'd like to emphasize that i'd be all for such an option if it was in between matches, not after each death.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users