HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech Level Resetting, Experience Earned not applied

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 07:13 PM

Bug: Stay on a server for more than one match, Mech level resets to Zero (0) after 2nd or 3rd match up. Experience earned not applied to actual mech level. NO PROGRESS MADE!!

EDIT: This bug was present in CBE 1 and it's pretty clear no attempt to fix it has been made. This is a pretty severe player reward bug that should've been dealt with as soon as it arose.

Website/Forum Bug: As I write this, I'm fighting this bug. Try using Ctrl+B or I or U to bold, Italic or underline any text. Then, after writing a few words, try backspace. It goes back to the bolded/underlined/italic'd text and begins backspacing there instead. Not life altering, but excessively annoying for anyone who cares about spelling or punctuation.

Edited by LordofNosgoth, November 11 2012 - 07:37 PM.

"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#2 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 12 2012 - 05:56 AM

This bug has hit me many times and some of them have been in a match just joined, not the second or third match on a server. It also has been affecting only my berserker in this test round. Even when using another mech in a match or not it has been only that unit so far.

#3 D3f3nd3R

D3f3nd3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:54 PM

This is very ignorant from the developers that this havent been fixed yet.
Lost several thousands, about 25k bequase of this bug.
Read loads of posts and havent seen a single answer from the developers.

#4 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:05 PM

Just happened to me again for 2 games in a row. Noticed something weird this time tho. I bought an xp booster to try to offset this bug a bit as I've lost approximately 50k xp to it so far. When I exited the server afterwards I saw my boost, which should have had 22-23 hours on it still, showed its value at -1

#5 ApoC_101

ApoC_101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:20 PM

Lost about 10k worth of experience in some very enjoyable games due to this bug, and totally took the steam of my weekend... brutal. sounds the same as the OP reported, the after match progress report shows level reset to zero and increasing XP from there, the actual XP and level of the mech is not changed when viewed in the garage (for example it still shows the mech is at 20,000 XP and 7ish levels). this is a really painful bug... it kills my fun times.
Posted Image

#6 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:32 PM

I've lost tooo much XP as well. I've also noticed when I spend most of the game playing on the mech I want to level, and then play a couple of lives on my 20 mech, my 20 would start to level to 1-3. I believe most people are aware of this false overleveling visual bug. HOWEVER, the mech I was leveling is supposed to gain xp on the progression tab AFTER the 20 mech but because the 20 is on a loop leveling, it never gets to the second mech. The map changes and my mech that was supposed to level got gipped.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#7 kormyen

kormyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:44 PM

Seen this bug several times also. Very annoying.

Summary: Randomly(_) after match mech xp count appears to apply from level 0 - and is not applied to mech.
Steps to Reproduce: Play games_ Sorry, it appears to be random.
Frequency: 4-5 times over the course of the beta period for myself. About 1 in every 10 games_
Severity: 4_ Rather annoying.
Additional Notes: n/a
System Specs: Probably not relevant.

Edit: Frequency is more like every 2nd game. Very frustrating  Seems like once it has un-synced it will continue to add xp to a 0 level mech. The xp from those games will not be applied. Once you disconnect from the match and reconnect to another xp works again for the first round(_).

Edited by kormyen, November 13 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#8 Windewol

Windewol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:33 AM

I just encountered this bug for the first time and came here to see if it was a known issue. I played my best game thus far, KDR of 12 and after the match I lost out on 3k exp from that one game. Very disheartening experience especially after such a good game. Please fix!

#9 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:34 AM

Agreed the most annoying bug in the game ecept for the cipping problems. I would estimate a 40k experience lost or about 8-10 games of experience lost for the time i played today alone

#10 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:55 AM

Are you guys doing it wrong_

I've got three mechs at level 20 now.
XP earned only applies at the ~END~ of a match.
XP earned will apply concurrently
XP earned and level ups will only update once you leave a server.

Try leaving your server once in a while.

#11 Crayyon

Crayyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 03:49 AM

View PostInny, on November 13 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

The reason we see this bug is because we didn't leave the match early and observed the post-match progression tab tallying our XP from level 0. One thing I have noticed is that if the bug occurs and you stay in the same server, the same will happen in the next game. Playing in a different server afterwards I have experienced both cases of XP working fine and the bug occurring again.

I'm aware that sometimes the sync isn't instant and people have experienced it taking 10 minutes or so for XP and HP to update. However this isn't the case based on taking note of my mech's XP before going into any match and checking it afterwards.

When the bug happens, the effects are consistent. IMO you're lucky to have been able to level your mechs to 20, but even so you've likely experienced the bug without being aware. I would suggest after every match, check your progression tab in the match summary (on a non-lvl 20 mech) and see if it's tallying from the mech's current experience, or from 0. If it's from 0, leave the server and check your mech's XP in the garage. I guarantee none of the XP you earned in that match was applied to the mech.

#12 D3f3nd3R

D3f3nd3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:55 AM

We are not idiots dude, this system is same as all games, you dont get ure exp if u leave the game before the match is over, try read all the post about this before leaving stupid questions.
Here is about 50ppl saying the same thing, AFTER the match the mech shows as a level 0 mech and counts the exp from there.
And beqause of that u dont get any xp gains.

#13 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 06:02 AM

The point here is, if you read the Original Post: We shouldn't have to leave the server, nor should the bug occur.How can we be "doing it wrong" if our Lv15 mechs get auto-reset to ZERO between matches__

That question having been asked, I would like to ask you a counter question: Did you even bother to stop and read the original post_ And I quote "... experience not applied to actual mech level..." So, according to your answer, if we like the server we're on and the people we're playing with, we should still leave so our Xp is applied_ How, in any way or in any universe, does that even begin to make sense_ Unless, of course the developers are as lazy as HMS. Seeing as how they're taking the time to do several Alphas and Betas and taking feedback from the community, I'm guessing they're not and intend on doing things right. Which I heartily applaud. Which brings us back to the reason for this post: It's a bug. It needs fixing.
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#14 BRASH

BRASH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:34 AM

+Like for the forum bug. It makes actual game-bug reporting a total pain when conforming to the requested format.

#15 skiman

skiman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:16 PM

I have seen this bug a lot lately. really getting annoying.

#16 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostLordofNosgoth, on November 11 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Website/Forum Bug: As I write this, I'm fighting this bug. Try using Ctrl+B or I or U to bold, Italic or underline any text. Then, after writing a few words, try backspace. It goes back to the bolded/underlined/italic'd text and begins backspacing there instead. Not life altering, but excessively annoying for anyone who cares about spelling or punctuation.
That's a problem with IP.Board. MWO uses precisely the same forum software and they have exactly the same problem.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users