HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Eyefinity/nvidia surround support

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zephirus

Zephirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 08:15 PM

I would love to see some bona fide surround gaming support for this game.  Little touches, like making sure the UI mask for the cockpit doesn't just stop a couple hundred pixels beyond normal screen resolution, or being able to fine-tune the vertical/horizontal FOV's.  I feel like these are relatively easy things to implement and, although we aren't a large proportion of the gaming crowd those of us with the set-ups to take advantage of these things would GREATLY appreciate them.

That being said I know this topic gets dicey when it comes to multiplayer shooters and--similarly--I know Hawken is being targeted somewhat towards a console release, so I understand if the Hawken staff don't feel the need to devote much of their time/resources to this cause.

#2 MYRKEN

MYRKEN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 12 2011 - 08:52 PM

I also agree with this +1 i game in eyefinity with 26 speakers in a 15x15 ft bedroom the footsteps shaking the room as the room moves forward guns blazing makes the best mech experience possible. It definitely needs support for fov aswell as long as FOV doesn't exceed 110 which the human limit is 170 60% of which you cannot use unless looking fully right or left.
Anyone who believes a FOV over 70 is cheating needs to have their eyes pulled out for cheating as they type their argument against proper FOV support in games. If you only know what your opinion is and base your argument on that and not facts you will inevitably lose or you can leap from a plane without a parachute and scream at the top of your lungs GRAVITY DOES NOT EXIST! and learn the hard way. Heres the WIKI on the naked eye for those interested in the facts. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_eye

#3 ichi

ichi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 05:14 AM

After playing my first game, I immediately turned on surround to see if this game was capable. Looked good at first, til I realize everything just expanded to fill the 5760*1080. This making it so that I see less landscape above and below the viewport. I'd much prefer added vision to this cropping. I understand though that this would probably primparily just add to the interior view of the cockpit/guns. Regardless, proper surround support pleeeeeaaaaase. ;)

#4 Ninsei

Ninsei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 04:27 PM

While you're waiting for 5760x1080 support  rotate your monitors and try out 3240x1920. It's incredible, makes it feel like you're in a life size cockpit . And it works right now, so there's that.

#5 Swolern

Swolern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 05:58 AM

I can't play this game until it has 5760x1080 support! I refuse to play boxed on 1 screen!

#6 BornSupercharged

BornSupercharged

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted December 21 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostNinsei, on December 17 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

While you're waiting for 5760x1080 support  rotate your monitors and try out 3240x1920. It's incredible, makes it feel like you're in a life size cockpit . And it works right now, so there's that.

That's not a viable solution as most monitors do not rotate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users