HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege mode: Capturing the AA point - Am I or am I not_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:13 AM

I find myself unsure of what the area is that I need to be in to capture the point.

I also feel unsure about what the different numbers mean when capturing or losing the point. Does the point have to be full at 3 to launch a missile for either team_ Why have the numbers then instead of a circle/meter that is either full or not_

What happens when the point is contested_ How do I know when I'm contesting it and an enemy is on the platform above me_

There should either be more visual or audio feedback to show the three states of the point as enemy owned, contested or friendly owned. It's not getting through my thick skull in its present state.

#2 Inny

Inny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:18 AM

It's fairly self explanatory. White section is your team, Red section is enemy team.
When the meter is full, a missile will launch if the opposing battleship is launched.
The numbers are how many mechs are present for the respective teams. The more mechs present on a team in the capture area, the faster the meter will lean towards the team with the higher presence.
The applicable area is the blue ring which stands out pretty noticably.

As for enemy presence, Radar in the top right of your hud.

Edited by Inny, November 12 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:20 AM

The simple answer: Look on the "ground" around the AA point for a blue circle. If you pass it, you'll see it "pass over" your mech. You are then officially in the AA and should see your team's count go up by one.

As far as info:
  • Numbers represent how many player from each team is inside the area considered "control" of the AA. White team is always your side. Red team is always enemy side.
  • The needle for control moves faster up to 3 players on a team inside. If there is an even amount of enemy and friendly players, the needle doesn't move at all until something makes it move (i.e; people dying or retreating).
  • If you fill the meter to max (but no enemy battleship is in the air), your team will be considered as owning the point. The enemy will have to reverse your control and switch it over to theirs if they want control of the AA.
  • If an enemy battleship is in the air, you will launch a missile at it when control is fully on your side. It will then reset to neutral. Likewise, if your battleship is in the air, the enemy will launch an AA at it if they gain full control, and then it will reset to neutral.
  • If there is nobody inside the AA control zone, but one team previously owned it, it will slowly return back to neutral.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 12 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#4 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 12 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

The simple answer: Look on the "ground" around the AA point for a blue circle. If you pass it, you'll see it "pass over" your mech. You are then officially in the AA and should see your team's count go up by one.

As far as info:
  • Numbers represent how many player from each team is inside the area considered "control" of the AA. White team is always your side. Red team is always enemy side.
  • The needle for control moves faster up to 3 players on a team inside. If there is an even amount of enemy and friendly players, the needle doesn't move at all until something makes it move (i.e; people dying or retreating).
  • If you fill the meter to max (but no enemy battleship is in the air), your team will be considered as owning the point. The enemy will have to reverse your control and switch it over to theirs if they want control of the AA.
  • If an enemy battleship is in the air, you will launch a missile at it when control is fully on your side. It will then reset to neutral. Likewise, if your battleship is in the air, the enemy will launch an AA at it if they gain full control, and then it will reset to neutral.
  • If your there is nobody inside the AA control zone, but one team previously owned it, it will slowly return back to neutral.

That is very informative but I never ever thought that about what was going on. I never knew it reset once a missile fired. This really means you have to sit on it. Since I played missile assault alot before this mode came out my thinking was that you flip it your side, and can then leave it alone and it stays yours until someone else comes along to flip it to their side. I mean . . . you are capturing the same AA point essentially. Same model, same sound, animation, etc.

I just played Sahara siege and I did notice the blue line right after I posted this. I still feel like it could be a little more obvious because I could only tell where it was on one side of the structure.

I like the game mode. I also wish the energy gathering was explained a little better. If you have multiple people around the EU station, the rate for each person goes down. I actually like that mechanic but I was still expecting it to stay consistent no matter how many people were around it.

Thanks for the info

#5 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostItsThatGuy, on November 12 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

I like the game mode. I also wish the energy gathering was explained a little better. If you have multiple people around the EU station, the rate for each person goes down. I actually like that mechanic but I was still expecting it to stay consistent no matter how many people were around it.
Each energy point, if you look carefully, has a set of green tanks. I think each one holds about 50-75 energy when it's lit up. Obviously, the more tanks lit, the faster any player (or players) will gather energy. If the tanks aren't lit, the point is tapped, and you may want to consider going to the other point, or simply wait nearby for them to light up again.

Eventually the tanks will empty, and then the recharge rate is too slow to support all the players. When nobody is on the point, it resumes recharging the tanks. Naturally, the more players, the more slowly they will all gain energy.

Also, it goes without saying, but players drop at least 10 energy (plus any extra they had in their tanks) each death. When they respawn, this will add 10 more required energy to their team's total to launch their battleship.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 12 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#6 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 04:58 PM

WHAT_!!

Ok yeah I didnt get that one either. I did not realize it had this whole tank/recharge mechanic going on. And that was something I thought I actually understood! Too bad you can't find that out until to get next to the tanks. Might be cool if you knew which one was the better one to go to.

I had no idea you were emptying the reserves of your team by running out on the field and dying. Another thing i didn't know!! Fuzzy bunny!!

But now the real question is. . . Dark Pulse, are you a dev in disguise_

#7 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostItsThatGuy, on November 12 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

WHAT_!!

Ok yeah I didnt get that one either. I did not realize it had this whole tank/recharge mechanic going on. And that was something I thought I actually understood! Too bad you can't find that out until to get next to the tanks. Might be cool if you knew which one was the better one to go to.

I had no idea you were emptying the reserves of your team by running out on the field and dying. Another thing i didn't know!! Fuzzy bunny!!

But now the real question is. . . Dark Pulse, are you a dev in disguise_
I plead the fifth. :)

No, I'm not. Just one of the better-known players of the game.

#8 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 13 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yeah there's a lot of detail to the game if you know where to look! A lot of stuff seems to be subtle and well integrated into either your UI or the general game environment which I love. I see a lot of threads asking for content already in the game which people would find very easily if they looked close enough. I do hope it stays like this and rewards those of us who are super attentive :)

Edited by Subdivision, November 13 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users