HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Optimize the graphics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vespian

Vespian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm not a programmer or anything, but I can tell you from a consumer point of view that I can play new game releases on my PC on low or medium settings with 60+ FPS, this game is far from that.

I've gone to the extent to editing the SystemSettings.ini to further lower the graphics beyond the in-game 'low' setting and it's still not great. The way the program is written must be very inefficient as far as minimizing memory usage, etc.

It's evident that many people are having these sorts of problems upon skimming through the forums. There hasn't been a F2P game like this one in a while, there will be millions that want to play. My suggestion is to try your best to optimize these graphics as best as possible before release so that can happen.

#2 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:24 PM

Performance issues such as this are a common occurrence for games still in their Beta form, but yes, I do hope that come Open Beta (12/12/12) that the game will run much smoother and for the love of god come with a proper SLI profile from Nvidia :P

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:54 PM

Incidentally, optimization is a pretty intimidating process for a game like Hawken. However, when the code is subject to change on an hourly basis to correct bugs and fix problems, optimization would be an utter waste of time, because you'd have to undo or throw out all that work after changing the underlying system.

Optimization will come, but there's an important rule if you want to be successful in software development: Make it work, then make it fancy. Optimization comes in the "fancy" portion.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostSaer, on November 12 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Performance issues such as this are a common occurrence for games still in their Beta form, but yes, I do hope that come Open Beta (12/12/12) that the game will run much smoother and for the love of god come with a proper SLI profile from Nvidia :P
They already did. Latest beta driver has an SLI and a 3D Surround profile.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users