HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Class C-Mech Ability Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ssuusshhii

Ssuusshhii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:48 PM

The siege/turret mode for the heavy mechs are kind of meh.  Moreover, their huge hitbox is pretty much too big of a penalty for their high health.  Class A-mechs also completely steamroll C-mechs because they can just hug you and circle strafe.  You can't turn fast enough and you end up dying.

I think it'd be cool if C-mechs had the ability to turn on a "ramming" ability where they'd charge in and either do damage, pushback, and/or stun against people they hit.  This will also make the match-up against the light mechs fairer.

#2 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:27 PM

I really would like to see a whole new ability rather than the siege/turret mode, because as it is now, I think it is completely utterly useless.

I am more afraid of a vulcan turret than a class C in siege/turret mode, such should not be the case :rolleyes:

#3 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:12 AM

A thought occurs as an extension of the OP idea: If the Brawler armour baffles were redesigned to look more like bulldozer blades a ‘Blitz’ special ability would quickly slam the mech and its blades down into bulldozer mode and blitz forward for a given distance (as if under normal thrust) inflicting damage and a knockback effect on anything struck (including friendlies), then it would rapidly stand up again and do what Brawlers do best.  The important element to making this ability viable would be rapid mode transitions, say not longer than 1 second each way.  It’s a still a turret mode of sorts, might not need all that much doing in the way of model/animation/coding to implement, and it still feels very Brawler-ish, i.e., complimentary of what the chassis is good at.

#4 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted November 13 2012 - 09:23 AM

I had suggested ramming, chargin ability for the brawler already, even made a picture with MSpaint :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
*sigh*

#5 cH_aos

cH_aos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationAndromeda

Posted November 14 2012 - 04:37 AM

Wow thats nice for MS paint!

#6 Doormaster

Doormaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChampaign IL

Posted November 14 2012 - 06:58 AM

I really like the bulldozer idea.  Maybe replace the TOW with a piston-powered hammer weapon and I don't think I'd ever leave the Brawler :)

#7 Ahmintar

Ahmintar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 18 2012 - 10:11 AM

This needs to be fixed so their special are worth more then what they where in the second closed beta. When i hit 20 (berserk) and played vs other 20 c class They never went into the special. It meant death. And after playing myself with it i never went into the defense stat. You loose dodge for what a 5 hp second buff... not worth it you die faster then you can move. The "flaps" on their back just need to go down over the body part. They still have their same movement speed. But doing things jet, dodge and dash double your fuel usage. or something : turret on back that comes up while in defense mode. i don't know. i'm just calling it out.
See you all in beta 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users