HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Too much XP for EU_

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eis9_M0th

Eis9_M0th

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted November 12 2012 - 08:26 PM

When I get to an energy dispenser, there's almost always a line for EU, so I spend most of my time body-guarding the mechs collecting and roaming for trouble spots, taking the risks and doing a lot of the fighting to make sure the EU makes it home. At the end of the game though, I often find I end up with lower XP than people with far fewer kills who mostly carted EU. I think it's good that transferring XP generates EU (especially as a way for new people to level up), but isn't the XP rate a little high_

I also frequently hear people trying to get their team to keep to having one mech at a time on the energy to speed things up, but that forces players to choose between what helps the team most and getting juicy XP. It's not like the game should have to bribe players with XP to get EU--you need anyhow it to win.

Anyhow, what does everyone else think_

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras.

#2 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 08:54 PM

I think the xp for eu is fine, what needs to be buffed is the amount you get for defending. Maybe some bonus xp if you kill an enemy around an eu point_
Posted Image

#3 EmFire

EmFire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:04 PM

I think what needs to be changed is to perhaps get rid of the multiple mech intake slowdown of energy, and definitely add defense rewards for occupying EU tower areas/making defense kills at EU towers just as is at the AA.

Edited by EmFire, November 12 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#4 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostEmFire, on November 12 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

I think what needs to be changed is to perhaps get rid of the multiple mech intake slowdown of energy,

please oh god no lol. Teams would never even fight at all except for the AA because their would be literally zero incentive to take both points
Posted Image

#5 Lord_Trent_Kellan

Lord_Trent_Kellan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostZeshi, on November 12 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostEmFire, on November 12 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

I think what needs to be changed is to perhaps get rid of the multiple mech intake slowdown of energy,

please oh god no lol. Teams would never even fight at all except for the AA because their would be literally zero incentive to take both points

Not to mention, we'd be launching ships left and right every minute and it would take out a lot of the strategy of siege mode, which is what makes me love it so. <3
I really like the idea of adding an EU Point Defender/EU Point Attacker bonus like there is for AA points. :D  Only have it active while ships aren't up though.

Edited by Lord_Trent_Kellan, November 12 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#6 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 11:11 PM

I also like the idea of an EU defender/attacker bonus. This can be be kills based on a radius around the node, but sometimes you end up chasing them up a hill or far away, so that may affect if you get it or not.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#7 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostEis9_M0th, on November 12 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

I also frequently hear people trying to get their team to keep to having one mech at a time on the energy to speed things up, but that forces players to choose between what helps the team most and getting juicy XP. It's not like the game should have to bribe players with XP to get EU--you need anyhow it to win.

Anyhow, what does everyone else think_

this game does a wonderful job of rewarding people who are doing more then just slaying. this needs to stay. rewarding people for playing the objective is always a good thing. and yes it make more sense to fill one mech up at a time because you will end up sitting there for 2-3 minutes filling 3 up at a time. horrible.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#8 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:29 AM

After playing a bit of these i was always 3rd with double energy gathered but half kills so i don;t agree with what your saying.

Any time i could get energy delivered i was, and the rest of the time i was on AA.

I was around 200-300 exp less then the player who were killing.

#9 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostNecro, on November 13 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

After playing a bit of these i was always 3rd with double energy gathered but half kills so i don;t agree with what your saying.

Any time i could get energy delivered i was, and the rest of the time i was on AA.

Huh, it's the opposite for me. When I focus on the objectives, I almost always come out on top - even in comparison with players that have twice as many kills as myself.
Posted Image

#10 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:50 AM

^ if i remember i will take a screen shot the next time i play.

#11 Makhaon

Makhaon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:04 AM

Could this work like the AA_ Having Controller/Defender bonuses for the EU stations_ I'd go for bonuses to defending rather than reduction of EU xp.

#12 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostPursang, on November 13 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

View PostNecro, on November 13 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Huh, it's the opposite for me. When I focus on the objectives, I almost always come out on top - even in comparison with players that have twice as many kills as myself.
Get enough kills, and you'll easily do better than the big EU collectors.

Case in point:
Posted Image

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users