HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Current Game From A Brand New Player's Perspective

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MurderMan

MurderMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 12:42 AM

I was excited when my invitation to the Hawken beta was sitting there in my email box but now after having played it for 4 hours straight I pretty much hate the state of the game's development and it needs a complete overhaul for it to be viable come launch time.

The combat is fine but the learning curve + lack of ranking system + LOCKED CLASSES makes the game feel at best grindy and at worst Pay to win.

As a new player I have some starting points which is fine, but I didn't get to choose my starting class or equipment loadout or anything.  I'm just given only enough points to play as the starting class but there are really situations where I just want to try something new or at least be able to feel like I'm the reason I'm sucking right now.  It feels completely like I have been thrown into a situation where I have to play this class which I know nothing about and don't necessarily like.  Not only that, I feel like I'm at a distinct disadvantage to other players.  Most other players in the beta that I go up against are way higher ranks and roll over me hard.  They pick classes that are specifically good against assault (My starting class), work as a team (Again no idea how to do that without a tutorial or something), and not only that, I feel like I have to invest in a class that I might not necessarily like.  Especially after having played up against other mech classes that seem to roll over me easily.

I can't stress this enough.  I don't like PAY TO WIN and right now it feels so incredibly grindy to the point that I might aswell pay to win.  I don't want paying to REPLACE playing the game.

It mostly comes down to the general lack of direction I have in the game.  Most of the time I have no idea what's going on until I'm dead and this probably is because I'm so terrible at the game but I desperately want a kill cam so I can at least learn the strategies of other players so I don't feel so completely useless.

Even in the games where I got tons of kills the most I was able to pull off was about a 1 kill to 1 death ratio.

These issues are to me, the most important things that need to be addressed before anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users