HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Matchmaking for 2 + players and switching teams

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spaceork

Spaceork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:18 AM

I know this is not so important in a closed beta. But once the game launches, i would love to see macthmaking where you can add friends into a lobby and then the matchmaking searches for a game that suits you best. For 2 players it just would join them into a game with an uneven number of players, into the team with fewer players, so you are together. With 3+ it would join you into an empty game and would wait a bit for other players/teams.

I know it isn't realy possible with so few players in the closed beta events, but once the game launches it would make playing with friends a lot more easier.

Don't forget to keep them as a group through out the match, so when the next map starts they already are in THE SAME team. We have to wait for players to join so we can switch teams, which takes around 5 minutes out of most games :(.

And PLEASE allow switching teams through out the match. What i see often is players on the weaker team leaving, and the games being 5 vs 3 until someone joins. Allowing players to switch teams (only from the team with more players to the team with fewer and switching between equally strong teams) would make it easier to play with someone you met and like, or help out the weaker team for the added challenge :). I know people would try to switch into the stronger team, but since most of the time the leavers are on the weaker team, this switch wouldn't be possible.

Edited by Spaceork, November 13 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#2 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 13 2012 - 04:44 AM

Yeah the game needs a party/clan system for people to play together. I hope it's near the top of the priority list/ready but not integrated into the current test build.

I think with more people playing the game will balance itself out more as there will be a larger pool of players at all skill levels to get teamed with. Currently it feels like there isn't much to balance against and not enough people playing at lower and high levels so everyone gets stuck in the same boat. That or nobody is using matchmaking...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users