HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Let's ditch the "enemy health" bar_

Announcement Beta Community Exclusive

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DeFrank

DeFrank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostAce4225, on November 20 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

killstreak bonus merely consists of extra XP gained per kill, if I'm not mistaken.

Right. So killstealing still wields a higher gain than if XP was rewarded strictly by damage dealt.

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 21 2012 - 03:25 PM

It's not a tremendous amount of a bonus. I'd much prefer getting 75+ exp on wearing a guy down and then another 50-75 taking a second guy down if I've got a teammate that wants to finish them off, get 15-25 exp, and a 10-20 exp bonus for managing to land the killing shot on several mechs in a short period of time. It's not a huge deal, and the chances that someone else will seriously manage to chain killsteals in a way that impacts the game are pretty low. If that happens, you're being trolled by one or more people on your team.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 NuclearXmas

NuclearXmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Whatever

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's way too vital in dogfights just to remove because people know they can take an opponent after they've just gotten done with a fight. Such a little thing but way too big of a game changer.
oh..uh..hi

#24 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:44 AM

!st, thx to all your various insights and much respect to those who took time to reply in-depth.  It helps me rationalize a bit better my view and why it's valid still.  Most of what I got was that people feel they need the HP bar.  Kiting people w/low HP is a joke because you'll be dead b4 it's usefull-kinda neat theory but I'm not seeing that tactic working on an experienced pilot especially in a competitive forum.  The whole point about me getting killed because of low hp or "picked-off" is moot.  Idc about dying, it's the fact that the HP bar, no matter how it's argued, is "bait".  And if u met me in a match u'd know killing opponents isnt an issue for me :P  Not one pilot here can say w/any honesty that the "lowest bar" is not priority.   Sry won't believe you.  With that being said, take away the "enemy HP" and visualize the battlefield.  Your decision making is completely less like "O Let me go after that mech w/ONE or TWO bars".  Even if it means passing an ensuing battle nearby or guarding an ally that's in "recovery/repair mode".  I see it all the time.  A cluster-buzzy of mechs and every1 shooting at the weakest mechs 1st-too much intel.  Especially when, unlike MWO, you have 3digit HP that can be lost 25% or more from one hit.  Also MWO will only provide relative knowledge about "integrity" i.e. color coded areas on the target HUD.  The amount of dmg required to destroy or disable components cannot be discerned by sight.  In HAW>|EN, 3 or less bars and my tow missile eats you....
-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#25 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 26 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostGatNic3, on November 26 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Kiting people w/low HP is a joke because you'll be dead b4 it's usefull
Except I've done it before
A lot
It's especially effective if you have a C mech, or if pre-optimization/internal nerf, you health stacked
And I've done it against players I know are decent, because sometimes people get a little bit caught up in kill hunting and dont notice my flanking teammates until they get hit by two secondaries

Maybe you should try not overextending_

Also you're playing pubs, I don't know why you expect teamwork and strategy to come out of that (cheese aside)

Edited by Beemann, November 26 2012 - 11:22 AM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#26 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 27 2012 - 08:12 AM

err... where are the guys to tell ya that you should not post in here due that it's a closed forum' branch.. already.

Soo.. don't ( and post on the active places, pleases ) :)

P.S. Déjà Vú.. or just.. Deja vu ...

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Community, Exclusive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users