HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Had a lot more fun this time! Still want 180 turn assignable

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyO2

JonnyO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 10:02 PM

I don't know if it was me - but I had a much smoother experience this time and enjoyed it more - thanks devs for your hard work! The game looks good at high-res (there are some subtle ripple effects that I really liked) and it looks great in stereo too!

Having first been confused by the 180 turn mechanism, then trying hard to work with it, I still feel like I would like this assignable. I still have trouble remembering to lift off of shift when I go to back up, so I 180 unexpectedly.

Also - it would be nice if doing a 180 took you out of zoom mode (when using a Sharpshooter) since I usually do a 180 to run away, not to shoot.

Oh, one last thought - I got kicked for idling, but I wasn't really idle... bug_

#2 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:26 AM

The 180 should at least be optional. I panicmash that damn thing all the time and get shot in the fuzzy bunny.
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#3 JonnyO2

JonnyO2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 09:37 PM

Glad to hear someone agrees! Panicmash is exactly right.

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 15 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostJonnyO2, on November 13 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

I don't know if it was me - but I had a much smoother experience this time and enjoyed it more - thanks devs for your hard work! The game looks good at high-res (there are some subtle ripple effects that I really liked) and it looks great in stereo too!

Having first been confused by the 180 turn mechanism, then trying hard to work with it, I still feel like I would like this assignable. I still have trouble remembering to lift off of shift when I go to back up, so I 180 unexpectedly.

Also - it would be nice if doing a 180 took you out of zoom mode (when using a Sharpshooter) since I usually do a 180 to run away, not to shoot.

Oh, one last thought - I got kicked for idling, but I wasn't really idle... bug_
That's mostly a "practice makes perfect" situation, though I could see if you 180 you should be taken out of zoom, perhaps.

As for the idling thing, game only counts movement, not shooting. If you stay in one place too long, even if you're sniping, the game will kick you because you're not moving.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#5 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 11:14 PM

I also wish we could assign the 180 to a different key but I'm not sure if they'll ever implement such a change.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#6 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 12:10 AM

Right on jonny02 and buffmyradius. I think 180 turning taking you out of scope mode would be fantastic!

Also, funny thing is, I felt the exact same way about mashing and killing myself when I was still trying to get the hang of it. I had to literally train myself (using a mental whip, no less) to stop my fingers from holding shift and s at the same time. It actually worked so good that, now, I forget about the 180 turn and manually mouse my camera until I face backwards, lol. So now I'm retraining myself to remember to use it :-P.

I also posted the same thoughts regarding moving the 180 turn to its own key in another thread, just to give people options. I may edit in the link if I find it.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#7 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted November 17 2012 - 10:42 PM

Stop panicking ... and you wont have this issue.
Posted Image

#8 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 17 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostSmaCkexe, on November 17 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Stop panicking ... and you wont have this issue.

Do you know how HARD that is_! I see you, Toryne, Budekai, Culex, Immie, or some other random BAMF roll up while I'm fighting someone else and sometimes I just can't help but soil myself. That or I get stuck in a 3+ on one situation and I mash all of my keys and die while spinning in place.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#9 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 17 2012 - 11:41 PM

Said this many times - really. Should there be a reason why it shouldn't be re-assignable_ More control options, more power to the players. Yet no difference in terms of actual gameplay mechanics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users