HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is Hawken going to be better on a specific console_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SPIGOT

SPIGOT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted April 25 2011 - 12:02 PM

I'm wondering this since a lot of developers have prejudices that make them make a high quality game on one console and just port the others. Will Hawken focus on one specific console over the others_
Posted Image

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 25 2011 - 12:11 PM

Well they haven't given us any reason to think that, so I'll continue to believe that everyone will be able to share the same awesome experience, regardless of platform.

#3 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 05:42 PM

It's being made with the UE3, so it would make no sense if it worked better on either XBOX or PS3, since both are equally supported. Of course if you had a high-end computer then you win out in those regards just because (:P).

#4 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 08:24 PM

It depends on how they develop it.  If they tone it down to the least common denominator, then we'll all be stuck with the same thing.  If they allow PC to have optimal settings, then obviously it will be better on the PC than Xbox or PS.

#5 Skulo

Skulo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 26 2011 - 08:44 PM

Probably PC will have something more.

but hell they didn't say anything to us

#6 Zomnivore

Zomnivore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 30 2011 - 09:48 AM

The game will run the best on a PC, thats just a fact(lol updating hardware you so crazy), the fps nature of the game also lends itself to the mouse and keyboard.

However if the dev team does a bad job on key lay outs, locks the field of view, or something else like FPS caps, doesn't include in game chat etc. It depends, looks like it will be good no matter what.

(I'm completely biased, and obviously enjoy pc games, fps games are better on mouse and keyboard, and if you have a problem with that you can look at link >http://www.tomshardw...sood,10924.html )

#7 Ganthir

Ganthir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSteel City

Posted April 30 2011 - 03:33 PM

AdhesiveGames hasn't really picked any platforms for Hawken yet but it's most likely going to be a PC game and maybe released for systems such as PS3/360 (probably in a downloadable format). It just depends on how good the developers are when it comes to making a multi-platform title. They would need people who know how to work the consoles and make the game optimal for each different system.

Between PC/PS3/360.. I'll be playing this on PC because I'm OCD about Framerate and controls.  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users