HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Some Feedback on my experience

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Srednas

Srednas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 05:07 AM

Let's start off with this... I really enjoyed the game, much more than I had anticipated.
This was my first FPS game on cpu and only played about 2 months of MW2 on xbox (1 month learning how FPS games work and 1 month recovering my K/D ratio to 2/1)

Things I liked about the game:
Fast Paced
Group Oriented - No solo wining the matches in TDM
Maps are original and very different than each other, also that there's not just 1 spot in a map were people want to get to cause it affects the outcome drastically

Things I think need work:
Grouping of players based on a single mechs experience and limiting of having only having one of each type of mech
Spawns - Saw many other threads on this, just slightly annoying when your fighting in TDM and 2 opponents spawn behind you and your basically screwed.

and Finally the Vulcan, didn't get a chance to use it since i leveled up a sharpshooter first, seems to me a bit overpowered, not in raw strength or fire rate but to me it seems i couldn't escape it's line of fire like other weapons. In most situations as a mobility/defense spec'd sharpshooter i could at least provide some means of competiton to short ranged mechs as long as they weren't using the vulcan, i would dodge move behind something to lure in the short ranged and then scope in quick and fire and repeat, but for vulcan users even as a mobile spec'd i could not dodge or get out of the range before i would die all the while it felt that they were able to dodge and fire at same time without tryling aiming (could be totally wrong and that all players who used the Vulcan were just extremely good at the game to the point of going 28-0 in tdm)

Edited by Srednas, November 14 2012 - 05:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users