HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Extremely low framerates, including on menu screens.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kronn8

kronn8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:02 PM

Topic Title
  • Extremely low framerates, including on menu screens.
Topic Body
  • Summary: My framerate is extremely low everywhere, including on menu screens. Setting all graphics settings to their lowest options and disabling all possible graphics features improved the menu framerate to 4 frame/sec and the improved the gameplay framerate to <=2 frame/sec.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Launch the game on my PC.
  • Frequency: 100%
  • Severity: 5
  • Additional Notes: I experienced this problem during the first beta session, although the framerates have improved significantly since then. (They were about 0.25 frame/sec on menu screens and during gameplay on the first beta session.) I did not get to play the second beta.
  • System Specs:
    • RAM: 4 GB DDR3 @ 667 MHz
    • GPU: Geforce GT 335M
    • Router: Arris TG862G/CT (Comcast)
    • Modem: Arris TG862G/CT (Comcast)
EDIT:

I forgot to mention that there is one time when I don't experience lag: on the video-like transition screens between entering and leaving a game lobby.

Yes, this is a laptop. But it is an alienware laptop that can comfortably play Skyrim on medium settings. I should at least be able to navigate the menus without experiencing stuttering due to a low framerate.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that fixed anything, but it didn't. When my graphics settings didn't default after the reinstallation, I surmised that the graphics settings are stored in their Documents/My Games folder, not in the Program Files directory. When I deleted this data, the game still launched fine, and I got the "Your graphics settings have been optimized for medium quality." message again, as expected.  Deleting the My Games data before reinstallation might be good practice.

Edited by kronn8, November 21 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#2 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM

As far as i can see, this is not a problem that Adhesive can fix. In order to fix this, theyd need to optimize their current bottleneck (usually the graphics rendering) by about a factor of 15, ie. stuff that currently takes 15 ms (for your PC) to execute needs to only take 1 ms to execute so that you can play the game at 30 FPS. I dont think they can optimize the game that much, seeing how theyre using the Unreal Engine 3 which is already a pretty well optimized engine.

So, since Adhesive cant do much about this on their end (they can do some stuff, and id agree that the game still needs a bit of optimizing), lets see what we can do on your end.

Well, theres only one thing i can see that would help and that is to not buy laptops to play games. The graphics card you have is about 3 times slower than a GTX 285.

Also, if your RAM is running at 667 MHz its DDR2, not DDR3.

#3 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostDeaod, on November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

#4 Striderkap

Striderkap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:44 PM

I am having the same problem.
Running desktop
System Specs:
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9100
  • processor: AMD Athlon II x4 620 Processor 2.6 GHz
Game is using 720,720 K Memory & 28 CPU cyles.
Also still running the Launcher executable. Does this need to be running still once game is launched_

Mouse response is too choppy to use.
Video instructions too choppy to use.
Game is unplayable on my system.

#5 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm having some of the same problems now. At least it saves the settings I guess.

Edited by Cyclonus, November 20 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#6 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationYour Mamas House

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:21 PM

Rendering thread exception:
Fatal error!

This is the message I keep getting after I play one match then when I try to hit the garage and find another match this is what pops up. It happens during the splash screen for the match.

I have also been getting the old you are on another server error and then kicking me again.

Do I need to reload the client for a third time. Me thinks we have some driver failure some where!
Posted Image
Rockin Out with my Cockin Out Since Alpha!
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
H.S.T
Wandering Gunz Death Dealer #35 "I got no Strings"

#7 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostSparkard, on November 20 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostDeaod, on November 20 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Youre right, i messed that up. Its running at 667 MHz, but due to being DDR it was probably sold as DDR3-1333, which would be a standard speed.

Sorry, my fault.

View PostStriderkap, on November 20 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Also still running the Launcher executable. Does this need to be running still once game is launched_
Not as far as i am aware. Why not just try closing the lanucher once youve started the game_

Also, your Graphics card is too old and weak as well. Its a card thats based on an optimized version of the GeForce 8 (G80) architecture from 2007.

Edited by Deaod, November 21 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#8 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:18 AM

I know everybody is giving a hoot, but I'm coming back to this game only if I'm proven they did the most important job of all: to make it playable, WTF___
Not that I've even got into this beta, as the launch doesn't allow me to play even after 100 reinstalls, but it's easy to notice this terrible and unacceptable issue is still alive and kicking.
12.12 is knocking at their door, ringing their bell, it's f close.
Optimize it. Now.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#9 Passenger69

Passenger69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:17 PM

I had to update my video drivers, that fixed the laggy garage for me

#10 kronn8

kronn8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostPassenger69, on November 21 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

I had to update my video drivers, that fixed the laggy garage for me

Thanks for this suggestion. I checked Nvidia's site, and my drivers are already up to date.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users