HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Level of Mech customization_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lomesh

Lomesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted April 30 2011 - 07:57 AM

I understand the question has been asked before a few times and that the developers have answered the question to an extent in official interviews and such, but I was hoping for a more in depth and direct answer.

To what extent are Mechs customizable in the game in ways that actually affect game play_ I understand the game is built to have light/medium/heavy prefab types, but are there any options to suit a specific Mech to your own play style_

If I choose a heavy Mech that I enjoy, can I choose between a few different weapons to rotate in or out or are we locked into choosing only a few different Mechs and their specific weapon/armor loadouts_

#2 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted April 30 2011 - 10:43 AM

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure you can have more options besides just heavy/med/light mechs..

But in any case, I hope we'll see more specific info soon. Maybe E3_

#3 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 12:30 PM

We can't give detailed information because we're still in development and not every detail is locked down yet.  We don't want to misinform people.  We're aiming for a satisfying variety of choices that are still manageable for our team to create and balance in a reasonable timeframe.

Your main weapons can be mixed and matched freely between the base "classes", there aren't really restrictions there.  You can also tweak certain aspects of the mech, so for example you could choose a light mech and either bump up it's armor or further increase it's speed.

#4 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 12:36 PM

ChrisLalli said:

We can't give detailed information because we're still in development and not every detail is locked down yet.  We don't want to misinform people.  We're aiming for a satisfying variety of choices that are still manageable for our team to create and balance in a reasonable timeframe.

Your main weapons can be mixed and matched freely between the base "classes", there aren't really restrictions there.  You can also tweak certain aspects of the mech, so for example you could choose a light mech and either bump up it's armor or further increase it's speed.

sounds awesome :)

#5 Lomesh

Lomesh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted May 01 2011 - 05:46 PM

Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I was looking for. Just more excited to know that there are customization options that make a real difference in how you play.

#6 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 02 2011 - 05:22 AM

Kickin' rad.
I hope the different customizations won't just be "fluff", though!

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 02 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well, what Chris has posted above makes my imagination to fly about strategies in the battelfield. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users