HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I expected more from CBE 3

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm quite disappointed with CBE 3 so far...

• Shop bugs

No server browser

• ALL of my level 20 mechs completely removed. (even for a beta event_)

• More fps lag. CBE 2 greatly increased my fps. But CBE 3 pushed it back down. Basically unplayable...

Stats reset_ (even for a beta event_)

• Leveled up and left match. Exp didn't stay...

Logged on and don't really feel like playing because my computer gets bad fps now... can't buy any mech.. get matched into empty rooms... every mech I worked for gone.

Edited by Female, November 20 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2 RedFogul

RedFogul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm REALLY missing the server browser......

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:02 PM

Whilst I'm missing the servers browser too, you guys should have in mind that this is still a beta and also that as we move forward the issues will get fixed up. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:04 PM

Fixed_ Missing_ Not sure if trolling or just s...

#5 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 20 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Whilst I'm missing the servers browser too, you guys should have in mind that this is still a beta and also that as we move forward the issues will get fixed up. :)

Seems like were moving backwards actually.
Posted Image

#6 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:17 PM

The latter one, definately.

#7 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on November 20 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

I respect the devs and all, but that's a really old exuse and keep in mind that this is the last closed beta. I agree this has been disappointing so far.

Edited by Cyclonus, November 20 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#8 Yender

Yender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:23 PM

Did you not read the patch notes_

The server browser was removed to better test matchmaking and help keep matches balanced

As for resetting stats this is par for the course when it comes to betas. Apparently there was a bug that forced them to wipe accounts but honestly you should expect it. This is what you signed up for.

#9 Toryne

Toryne

Ghost of Crion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:24 PM

And people need to keep in mind that this is a BETA! They specifically said they removed server lists to test matchmaking and improve that aspect. They apologized for the account reset. Bugs will happen with increased participants. Every beta has had bugs and fixes. Calm down quit crying and focus on trying to be helpful in bug reports and issues. Give the devs as much information as possible but do it the right way...not crying about it.

#10 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:28 PM

ok first they removed the server browser for this beta because they wanted to make everyone use the game finder so they could tweak it and make it better. second they think its lame that you dont have your level 20's too but if you read any posts by the devs they will tell you that was the only way to fix a glitch many people were experiencing on start up. please do a search of the forums before posting things like this
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#11 Female

Female

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostSkrill, on November 20 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

ok first they removed the server browser for this beta because they wanted to make everyone use the game finder so they could tweak it and make it better. second they think its lame that you dont have your level 20's too but if you read any posts by the devs they will tell you that was the only way to fix a glitch many people were experiencing on start up. please do a search of the forums before posting things like this

Well on the CBE 3 announcement the answer about keeping our old mechs is crossed out. That means at one point the issue wasn't there. I read it yesterday when it wasn't crossed out. I do not constantly browse the forums and look at threads I have already looked at. I am not a robot (only a mech).

Edited by Female, November 20 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#12 kampfgarten

kampfgarten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:43 PM

just played my first match in the new cb3 and i can only agree on ops post. previous version ran choppy on my rig but it was at least playable now fps feel like 10-20 with drops even lower in firefights. also i cant buy a new mech with my meteor points "insufficient funds"

#13 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostYender, on November 20 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

As for resetting stats this is par for the course when it comes to betas. Apparently there was a bug that forced them to wipe accounts but honestly you should expect it. This is what you signed up for.
I find it funny if it's true. Could you point me to where they said it_ Because apparently i can't find it.

#14 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostToryne, on November 20 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

And people need to keep in mind that this is a BETA! They specifically said they removed server lists to test matchmaking and improve that aspect. They apologized for the account reset. Bugs will happen with increased participants. Every beta has had bugs and fixes. Calm down quit crying and focus on trying to be helpful in bug reports and issues. Give the devs as much information as possible but do it the right way...not crying about it.

Couldn't have said it better myself Toryne. People need to do less crying and flaming on the forums, and actually fill out some bug reports with as much detail as possible for the devs. AG has been quick to dish out patches actually throughout this whole pre-open beta testing phase.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#15 Yender

Yender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 20 2012 - 05:57 PM

On account wipes: http://community.pla...-cbe2-and-cbe3/

Edited by Yender, November 20 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#16 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostYender, on November 20 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Dunno how i missed that, gotta go sleep.
At least they didn't say it was a "bug".
I sincerely can't understand how people can be surprised that they've done a wipe after revamping almost half of the game.
I'd probably take them a week or two of useless work just so every one could keep their stuff that players hoarded just in few days of each beta event, and even after that it'd be no longer what you bought.
The only logical thing to do is just wipe it all and give us some mp again, and after all most that people got was from freely given mp anyway.
Edit://
I wouldn't call it a bug but logical reasoning.

Edited by Sparkard, November 20 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#17 exray

exray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 06:25 PM

Lol_ Beta = free game, you know, to test_

I stopped reading after mech wipe qq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users