HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mobility Tree Health Optimization

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, in the quest to balance out the L20s compared to L1s, they made pretty much most of the optimizations nearly worthless, with no significant impact over a lower mech. Good for the lower mechs, but it makes the entire point of optimization and improvement worthless. :P

There's nothing wrong with making them stronger, as long as it's no more than 15-20% difference in strength regardless of optimizations used. This allows for some actually useful upgrades, without being overpowered.

(Obviously, this is not suggesting a 15-20% boost in armor is okay or the like. Anything that directly impacts survivability, like armor, bullet damage, damage reduction, etc. should definitely be held more closely I'm talking in terms of relative strength.)

Edited by DarkPulse, November 22 2012 - 12:04 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 21 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with making them stronger
Sure there is
I don't want to turn an even fight into a one-sided one, and this isn't a case of "wel u shudn hav n00bz fitin pr0z" issue, it's a "someone started a lowbie mech" issue
Don't have a brawler_ Roflstomp people on your favoured class_ Have fun learning a new mech while fighting against people who have a gear advantage
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#23 ConsterMonster

ConsterMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 03:33 PM

well seeing as they're putting so much focus into matchmaking, maybe the plan is to nerf l20's for now until matchmaking reaches the point where you can join a game with players the same level as you with a decent amount of reliability, then they will buff them back up.

#24 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:29 AM

That's a valid point. If we were told "levels on hold for a while until level based match making up and running" we'd kind of note it and bug report the other stuff. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users