HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Story

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rush

Rush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 10:56 AM

How about a story or intro video like this

With every passing moment a person died I waited for an aid or retrieval squad but it never happened.I couldn't fly to the next station the outlaws would blast me like a bulls-eye.My mecha "hawken" would never survive the battle.I built it from scratch and equipped twin machine guns and mercury power source.I was just a recruit on a rescue mission to rescue hostages.I was trapped and the next asylum was on the other side of the grid.The military sent me on a precision job.I knew my calling.I jumped up and boosted my mecha thrust to full power.Shooting every thing in my way.I saw what was happening next and it wasn't good.A tiger rocket came flying at me.I knew it wouldn't destroy hawken but it would pack a punch..................................................

I woke on a cot my insides were exposed and my skin was burning I had what felt like a cancerous migraine."my name is ace............." thats all I could remember.Three figures hung over me they were messing with my insides.My instinct jumped in again and I kicked them away and grabbed my K-20 pistol from its holster.I looked around in the dark room.The american flag was hung in it there was a whole wall of weaponry,The most distinctive thing was the people they had gas masks on and marks on there arms that looked like royal lion.I knew who these people were and killing them would make me feel a whole lot better.

#2 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted May 01 2011 - 04:03 PM

That's a pretty cool write-up you got there. As it remains to be seen how Adhesive Games plans to approach the telling of Hawken's story, there's a myriad of ways it could pan-out. Personally, I've been under the impression that they will take the silent approach and allow the player to learn about the world through the atmosphere they create. Rich imagery will fuel our analogical reasoning as we piece together what happened to the people, the land, and what us, the pilots, are truly fighting for.

#3 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted May 01 2011 - 09:39 PM

For me the story don't need many words:

"We have mechs with bigass guns, lets kill eachother"

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 02 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hahahah!. Hive mind there. :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 Jonaanarkist

Jonaanarkist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 02 2011 - 02:42 PM

I dont mean to be rude , but Adhesive Games has said they're not taking an approach on the story of the game by a single player campaing.

Your story is good , but i think they would use a more general approach , something more like an explanation to why Mechs are on war , maybe , like bounty hunters , or a war devastated earth where its every man for himself , or something like that.

Some kind of plot without a main character.

#6 MoKnows

MoKnows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 03 2011 - 04:30 PM

Japanese look with American story telling.

#7 Jonaanarkist

Jonaanarkist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 03 2011 - 04:39 PM

MoKnows said:

Japanese look with American story telling.

Lost planet mechs , and Mechassault came to my mind.

#8 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted May 04 2011 - 05:47 AM

In this x-play interview Khang mentions they've hired a talented writer for story.  Still only multiplayer, but there will be a story after all.

http://www.g4tv.com/... ... y-preview/

#9 Goblinoid

Goblinoid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 01:29 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

That's a pretty cool write-up you got there. As it remains to be seen how Adhesive Games plans to approach the telling of Hawken's story, there's a myriad of ways it could pan-out. Personally, I've been under the impression that they will take the silent approach and allow the player to learn about the world through the atmosphere they create. Rich imagery will fuel our analogical reasoning as we piece together what happened to the people, the land, and what us, the pilots, are truly fighting for.

This.

#10 TheNaut131

TheNaut131

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 22 2011 - 09:35 AM

I actually had an idea for a story. Well, the name Hawken comes off as Russian to me. I don't know why, but the way you spelled the name reminds me of Metro 2033. Now, let's say this is either the creator of mechs, or perhaps are what the mechs are called. Probably both. The world is at war, people are fighting for resources and land, all practical weaponry has been exhausted...all except the Hawken's.  Hawken's were originally the achievement of years of research, in multiple countries, all competing to perfect mechs. Russian robotic/mechanical engineer Jacob Hawken won; he perfected the mech design, making them easy to operate and affordable to create. They were originally for show, things you'd find at expos and in some rich collectors garage. Countries were trying to perfect this technology in construction, find medical applications, disaster scenarios, etc. It was only a matter of time before someone weaponized them. Now, with the world sparring against each other, Hawken's are the last viable resource and weapon on Earth. There are a few Battleships lying around and several scarce turrets to aid militaries. You are a Hawken pilot, you are apart of the war.

Soooo, whatcha think_

#11 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted June 24 2011 - 03:08 PM

As long its not someones dream sequence, I hate those.
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 25 2011 - 08:52 AM

As I've already said on here, I'd quickly say that perhaps 2 mega-corporations fighting for the colonies would be a good start for a progressive story for the Hawken game.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 01:43 PM

ZeroG131 said:

I actually had an idea for a story. Well, the name Hawken comes off as Russian to me. I don't know why, but the way you spelled the name reminds me of Metro 2033. Now, let's say this is either the creator of mechs, or perhaps are what the mechs are called. Probably both. The world is at war, people are fighting for resources and land, all practical weaponry has been exhausted...all except the Hawken's.  Hawken's were originally the achievement of years of research, in multiple countries, all competing to perfect mechs. Russian robotic/mechanical engineer Jacob Hawken won; he perfected the mech design, making them easy to operate and affordable to create. They were originally for show, things you'd find at expos and in some rich collectors garage. Countries were trying to perfect this technology in construction, find medical applications, disaster scenarios, etc. It was only a matter of time before someone weaponized them. Now, with the world sparring against each other, Hawken's are the last viable resource and weapon on Earth. There are a few Battleships lying around and several scarce turrets to aid militaries. You are a Hawken pilot, you are apart of the war.

Soooo, whatcha think_

So in this story, Hawken is like the future AK47... I dig it. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users