HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Removing internals/equipment

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:25 AM

There currently appears to be no way to remove an Internal upgrade without replacing it with another one, limiting the ability to enter a match with a factory default loadout. I would like to test the viability of running a mech without upgrades, so it would be nice if it were possible to reset a loadout in this way.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was unable to find a way to unequip any or all internals.)

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:59 AM

I don't see any way to unequip internals either.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:05 AM

At 1st i thought you wanted them removed from the game O.o

But yeah, would be a good feature.

#4 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:20 AM

I would also like to see this ability added. I would prefer to limit the number of items carried on some mechs I use.

#5 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:26 AM

Considering the amount of penalties tacked on to the items, i'm wondering why this wasn't implemented to begin with, so you can have some semblance of use out of these items.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#6 Coire_Bhreacain

Coire_Bhreacain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 04:16 PM

I also agree, I can only manage to swap internals, not empty the slot.  It would be useful to be able to remove an internal from the mech should you want to.

System specs: i5 2500k + Asus P8Z68-V + Sapphire HD 6950 (2 GB) Flex + 8 GB 1600 RAM

#7 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:42 AM

I agree with everything above. Kinda weird that this wasn't implemented in the first place.
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#8 f3n1x0289

f3n1x0289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:40 PM

If it's possible to purchase the same mech twice, then that might be the reason they don't want to allow you to remove the internals.  It would be better for them if you just purchased a second mech but kept it at 'factory' settings.  If it is impossible to purchase a second mech please ignore me, and in that case I agree that it would be great to unequip internals, and it should be implemented.
Posted Image

#9 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:04 PM

View Postf3n1x0289, on November 28 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

If it's possible to purchase the same mech twice, then that might be the reason they don't want to allow you to remove the internals.  It would be better for them if you just purchased a second mech but kept it at 'factory' settings.  If it is impossible to purchase a second mech please ignore me, and in that case I agree that it would be great to unequip internals, and it should be implemented.

can't

They do at least offer 1 internal per slot with only ++ effects. I know it's not stock but for some people it will at least remove any negative effects.
/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#10 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 29 2012 - 03:01 AM

I still think it'd be better to have a simple "empty" button to empty out the slot, as opposed to buying the one item with no negatives.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users