HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

No reason to switch team other then to lose_

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:30 AM

So I was just in a match and was top player ended with 10-1 nothing crazy or anything but i was on the winning team 4v2 so i switch to be nice so it was 3v3 and we still lost by 9 kills.

After the match I find there is no bonus for switching teams from the winning to the losing. What is the point really_ a free lose_ granted a few more minutes we could have won possibly but i felt a bit cheated cuz i could have just stayed in the winning team.

I think if someone switches from a winning team to a losing team and helps out the balance they should get something other then a greater chance to lose.

#2 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:28 AM

i just refuse to throw off my win ratio just because everyone rage quit, poor losers are poor losers
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#3 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:43 AM

I switch teams to help out in balance because its no fun when both teams get close to no XP for a game just because there is less targets.  I dont know how they should fix this though. =(
Posted Image

#4 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:18 AM

Do we really need to incentivise everything_ Not every honorable or useful action needs an xp bonus or achievement.
Desert Fox

#5 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 07:44 AM

In my most recent game of Siege my team got the enemy base to 1 pip while keeping our at 2. We were only 100 EU from deploying another battleship with the enemy team still needing around 500 and suddenly half the enemy team ragequit leaving it 4v2.
I swapped over to the enemy team and managed to get them organised enough eventually win the match.

It was a pretty close match and they got really close to finishing off our base at one point, but we just scraped control of the AA back in order to take it out. Everyone GGed and I think it genuinely was one of my most intense and enjoyable matches of CBE3 so far.

This game would have just been another 4v2 stomp and would have been another boring 10/15 min match that nobody would have enjoyed if it weren't for the team switch option.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#6 FluxX

FluxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postz121231211, on November 21 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

Do we really need to incentivise everything_ Not every honorable or useful action needs an xp bonus or achievement.
Tell that to the industry driving achievements and points for everything (not the Hawkens devs, just the entire gaming industry :P ).
That and the sea of people lapping it up. :(

I gave up on "scores" a long time ago. I set my own fun goals instead now. Like how many mechs I can squish from above!

#7 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:24 PM

View Postz121231211, on November 21 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

That is the name of video games but no, we don't.

Just know that almost no one will switch teams for a better chance to lose.

#8 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:30 PM

then why not pausing the game if its another 3vs6 etc. and wait for new players to join_
as it stands, noone is doing it whatsoever, even when asked
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#9 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostD3thpool, on November 21 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

then why not pausing the game if its another 3vs6 etc. and wait for new players to join_
as it stands, noone is doing it whatsoever, even when asked
Because not only would that break up gameplay, but that would get exceedingly annoying, and more then likely the rest of the people left would completely ragequit and no games would ever finish. People don't have patience, which is why the leave the game in the first place, and this would just add to it.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#10 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:41 PM

I switch teams in order to create a fairer, more balanced game for everyone. Every time I asked today, someone switched to balance. It was nice.

Regarding winrate, I could care less what my stats look like. Especially in beta. At this point, I'm grinding xp. Anyone concerned about my skill level can run a game with me, my play speaks for itself.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users