Photo

Priority Target | Semi-Finals (Sat 22/08)

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

eu_priority_target_3_by_mrfreeze001-d8yo

Good day Ladies and Gentelmen!

This Saturday will be the Semi-Finals for Priority Target, an EU comp tournament. You can find the schedules and brackets here:

Schedule + Brackets

16:00 UTC / 09:00 PDT: Crushing Kill vs Pizzabangstormweaselparty64
17:30 UTC / 10:30 PDT : The Casuals vs Mystery Magic Rozer

Countdowns to all the matches here:

Crushing Kill vs Pizzabangstormweaselparty64

The Casuals vs Mystery Magic Rozer

(Here's the like for UTC time and PDT time.) Each match will be a best of 7 and will be played on the Priority Target servers. Make sure you practice beforehand and get strategies worked out. After all, Prizes are on the line. The matches will be streamed by Erzunterweltler and myself. There will be announcements for each stream when the matches begin.

The streamers will be Erzunterweltler: http://www.twitch.tv/erzunterweltler (for Casuals vs Mystery Magic) and myself: http://secure.twitch.tv/dr_freeze001 (Crushing vs Pizza).

If you have any more questions or suggestions feel free to ask. If not, then I guess I'll see you on Saturday!

Cheers,

Freeze

Edited by (KDR) Dr_Freeze001, 20 August 2015 - 06:28 AM.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 5 others like this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

HepTagoN

HepTagoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Uh oh

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Uh oh

Uh oh?

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Pure awesomeness.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
Hey freeze, wouldn't you write some stuff on why all 8 teams get an MC prize or did I miss something?

yanzkie

yanzkie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

wow great,its awsome :nuke:

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Hey freeze, wouldn't you write some stuff on why all 8 teams get an MC prize or did I miss something?

I'm curious as well, but I also have a policy against questioning free stuff.

• DisorderlyMechanic likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I'm curious as well, but I also have a policy against questioning free stuff.

Alright, here's how it went down:

First off, back then the idea was for the tournament to have everyone play each other once or twice, then tally the wins, losses and score into a leaderboard. The top players of that leaderboard would get prizes, then repeat for a league.

I got in touch with Tiggs to arange prizes for Priority Target. She suggested to make it 1st place: 5000, 2nd place 2500 and 3rd place 1250 MC (and forum badges). Now, here's the thing: she also said that they'd be willing to double the prizes if there were more than 20 participants. Now, after some conversing with people (Hrono) a few things were pointed out: the winning team will propably be the ones whom have played the longest and will also have bought all the MC they need. Also, if some teams look at the other teams they might be discuraged and not sign in, thereby making it less participants and reducing the chances of the bonus prizes.

So, with that in mind I mad a new suggestion: if more than twenty participants signed up it would be top 6 teams instead of 2x top 3. Tiggs accepted and I made the ananouncement post.

Then 160 people signed up.

So, in my panic DerMax offered his help of organising brackets. See, if I did the original idea the tournament would last over half a year. Ain't no body got time for that. So, after confirming players and teams a system was created for 15 teams + 1 dummy team (about 80-90 participants), and done was done. But here's the catch: you can't fairly devide 6 prizes in a 8 player bracket. It's gotta be either top 3, top 4 or top 8. I had already said top 6 would have prizes, so going down and making it top 4 doesn't seem fair for the people whom I would deny a prize, those whom were hoping to be 5th or 6th place. As such we went from top 3, to top 6 and then top 8.

That's pretty much it, and I hope that answers the curiosity.

Next tournament will very like go back to Tiggs' first suggestion. Keep it simple. Top 3 or nothing.

• DerMax, Hrono, Odinous and 1 other like this

KkaQ7HY.png

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users