• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I propose that the EOC standard charge delay is lowered to 1 second while increasing each shot charge time after the initial 3 shots to 0.66 seconds per projectile to almost the same full charge time of 3 seconds (2.98). This would increase the DPS of the standard shot to 78 DPS, just a hair behind the uncharged Heat Cannon (79.44 DPS). I believe this will increase the viability of the weapon to be on par with other burst weapons in CQC while retaining it's burst trade off of 156 damage per 3 seconds. After decreasing the delay, adjust mine duration as needed. This is a relatively easy change and I hope that it allows the EOC to be more competitive.

Unfortunately even though it would make EOC Rocketeer, Predator and Infiltrator better in their roles it would also effect the Raider as the weapon is tied to all four of them. 

Reasoning

Spoiler

• Silverfire, Kindos7, TheVulong and 5 others like this

OmniStone

OmniStone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think the projectile speed needs increased. Regardless of what they change about the weapon, I agree that something needs to be done to make it more viable.

• Kindos7 and shosca like this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
It's weak. I'll agree with you there. It is such a minor change though. The devs should focus on the big things first.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I use EOC because of respect. I never use sustained weapons, Flak/shotguns or technician. I only use slug+KE-Sabot. 

Why do I use EOC, even though it will handicap me? 

Because it actually requiers skill.

End of argument

Edited by FakeName, 24 March 2015 - 09:20 AM.

• Gangland likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

It was sad to see one of the most unique weapon in hawken getting nerfed in to the ground with the steam release.

I would increase its dps first then maybe the projectile speed if needed. Having .35 sec per puck (which is 1.05 secs per shot and 2.10 charged) increases the dps to ~74 from 52, which would make it comparable to the heat cannon both dps and rof wise.

For comparison

heat uncharged has 0.9 rof with 79.44 dps and 71.5 dmg/shot.

heat charged has 2.15 rof with 39.53 dps and 85 dmg/shot

current eoc has 1.5 rof with 52 dps and 78 dmg/shot

current eoc charged has 3 rof with 52 dps and 156 dmg/shot

suggested eoc would have 1.05 rof with 74 dps and 78 dmg/shot

suggested eoc charged would have 2.10 rof with 74 dps and 156 dmg/shot

Edited by shosca, 24 March 2015 - 09:44 AM.

• gArphEus likes this

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

It's weak. I'll agree with you there. It is such a minor change though. The devs should focus on the big things first.

From what I hear they can do some minor changes without messing up their backend work. Small amounts of number tweaking during the 3+ month lull would give us ample time to test out some things. Being able to adjust the healing amount on the health orb for 2-3 weeks would give valuable information in what would be "wasted" time.

TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I'm all up for the RoF increase as long as you don't touch the damage on that thing. I'm still having nightmares about EOC Raiders with unbreakable shields alphastriking everyone i ever knew and loved :(

• RespawningJesus likes this

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

I'm all up for the RoF increase as long as you don't touch the damage on that thing. I'm still having nightmares about EOC Raiders with unbreakable shields alphastriking everyone i ever knew and loved :(

Oh god, I thought I had fully forgotten about those days. *shudders*

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

I fully support this.

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

From what I hear they can do some minor changes without messing up their backend work. Small amounts of number tweaking during the 3+ month lull would give us ample time to test out some things. Being able to adjust the healing amount on the health orb for 2-3 weeks would give valuable information in what would be "wasted" time.

It might depend on the weapon animation too, remember the corsair changes? It wasn't done for quite a while because it required animation changes.

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

It might depend on the weapon animation too, remember the corsair changes? It wasn't done for quite a while because it required animation changes.

For your suggestion the animation timing would be off but for the one I suggested the change only really effects the weapon after it's been fired. Yah anything that does effect the animation would have to wait until they hired on artists. I WANT MEH TOW SPIRAL~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users