Photo

Montage of community footage, or just vote on the music - please help!

* * * * * 1 votes community montage video music

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

TL;DR:

- Vote on the song for my next video; a vote for your favorite is worth 2, you may also give a single vote to any number of other songs- i encourage it! (vote in the Youtube comments, or here/Reddit if that's easier).
- Send me any footage you think is worth seeing, to use in the video (Google Drive- it's easy!).

--------------------------------------------------

Do you play Hawken? Do you have any way of capturing footage of you playing Hawken (hint: yes, OBS free software)? Do you have footage you want to share with the world for any reason what so ever?
Basically if you've found yourself in this thread, then i have a proposition pertinent to you!

Because I get off on the smiling faces of Hawken players, I wanted to do something with my usual montage crap that might cater more to the community; at the very least, I want people to vote on which song to use in my next video; that’s what the video provided is for, to showcase small portions of certain songs which I believe may work well for one of my videos (more info on voting ahead).

More importantly: It would be absolutely stellar if anyone and everyone contributed some footage for the video. Google Drive will allow you to upload any footage and then share that specific file with me specifically- it's such an easy process, i promise! This is the potentially really cool part, depending on how many people contribute!

In the video, at the top of the screen you’ll see the current song artist and title, and an option to view the previous and next songs- but try not to skip too eagerly, you never know how a song will change in a second! And for that very reason, also be sure to listen to the whole song before you vote for it! I’ve included links to every song, in order. Voting has been revamped: if you have a favorite song, your vote is worth 2; regardless of a favorite, you may also give any number of other songs a single vote. This will show if the community agrees on a song even if it's no one's favorite, it will also combat the problem of low voting numbers. Don't have a favorite? Hate a single song? Give one vote to every song except that one!

So! Listen to the clips, pick a favorite, check out the full song, vote! But if you wanna be a real OG and make some serious magic happen, share your most notable clip(s) with me! Anything works – funny, unbelievable, badass – whatever you think is worth seeing!

The songs to vote on (with 'next' and 'previous' buttons- tried to make this as easy as it can possibly be!):

Google Drive:

https://www.google.com/drive/
[you will have to give me (coshyperbolic@gmail.com) permission to access the file you've uploaded]

The songs:

[Votes: 0] TwoThirds - Tonight (feat. Holly Drummond)
[Votes: 6] She - Coloris
[Votes: 1] K-391 - Electrode
[Votes: 1] Feint - Starscapes (Rameses B rmx - ft. Veela)
[Votes: 0] Krumm - House of Cards
[Votes: 1] GigaP - Resonate (feat. Hatsune Miku)
[Votes: 2] Mustard Pimp - The Garden (feat. Puppetmastaz)
[Votes: 0] Feint - Snake Eyes (feat. CoMa)
[Votes: 1] Ill-esha - Stop Playin'
[Votes: 2] Nero - Must Be The Feeling (Delta Heavy rmx)
[Votes: 2] Pendulum - The Vulture
[Votes: 0] Mord Fustang - Taito
[Votes: 0] Daft Punk - Aerodynamic (Huglife rmx)
[Votes: 0] The Prodigy - Run With The Wolves
[Votes: 0] Ben Khan - Savage
[Votes: 0] Alesia - Acii
[Votes: 0] The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl (Far Too Loud rmx)
[Votes: 0] The White Panda - Shake Drop On Video (ft. Timbaland, Pitbull, Trans X)
[Votes: 3] Sound Remedy - Victory
[Votes: 0] Ellie Goulding - Burn (RU$$ rmx)
[Votes: 0] GRiZ - A Fine Way To Die (feat. Orlando Napier)

EDITS:

- Updated voting system

- Formatting

- Links to individual songs removed for readability

Edited by CoshCaust, 27 October 2015 - 06:27 PM.

• Bergwein and Knowledge70 like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

PC arrival  pending. Will give you footage. It would be an honour to be featured in a montage by you.

• CoshCaust likes this

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Do you have a deadline in mind that you want clips submitted by? Won't be able to do a serious look-through until this weekend.

Hawken gameplay

TPG Playlists -- Season 2 | Season 3

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

PC arrival  pending. Will give you footage. It would be an honour to be featured in a montage by you.

Thank you!  :sweat:

Do you have a deadline in mind that you want clips submitted by? Won't be able to do a serious look-through until this weekend.

You will have some time for sure (though the sooner, the better!); i'll make a second post when accepting new footage would become problematic. This weekend is quite alright.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
I'll see what I can rustle up over the weekend.

By the way, where do we vote for the music?

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 15 October 2015 - 11:39 PM.

• CoshCaust likes this

Spoiler

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Time to get the mothballs out of my pubstomp CRT Recrut :tongue:

• CoshCaust likes this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

ticklemyiguana tried to do this at one point. Bug him and see if he still has the 1080p60fps footage I threw at him.

EIDT: just make this a plays of the week/month/lunar cycle. That would be awesome.

Edited by Hyginos, 16 October 2015 - 07:29 AM.

• TheFrostnessMonster, CoshCaust and Rainbow_Sheep like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

I'll see what I can rustle up over the weekend.

By the way, where do we vote for the music?

Wherever your heart desires! The Youtube page would probably make the most sense, so i subtly implied that was the place (in the Youtube description). But i'm capable of paying attention to all three pages, so i really don't care where people vote, i'll catch it.

ticklemyiguana tried to do this at one point. Bug him and see if he still has the 1080p60fps footage I threw at him.

EIDT: just make this a plays of the week/month/lunar cycle. That would be awesome.

Hm, alright will do.

That is an absolutely stellar idea. If there's enough responses, i can definitely do this monthly (or maybe less often, the population is low here after all)!

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I cast my sheep-infused vote upon she - coloris

Almost forgot that song existed before I heard it again today

• CoshCaust likes this

Spoiler

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Gotta rep Berlin based Puppetmastaz here - The Garden it is!

• CoshCaust likes this

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Hey, thumbs up for effort. :D

What about a mix of songs, each for one or a few clips? I could be good to reflect changes in pacing - something like this:

Spoiler

Also, if project works, it could be divided to different aspects of game, for example:
- skillful movement / attack evades
- tactical teamplay moments
- classic fragmovie

To aid You, people could send videos tagged accordingly.

Ok, back to music. IMHO:

K-391 - Electrode
First 2 minutes are nice and goofy, then it goes strange. It could fade after 2:00 to change clip or end video in edit.

GRiZ - A Fine Way To Die
Nice overall, could be good for slow montage, tactic or stealth.

If I have to choose one track, I vote for Griz.

• CoshCaust likes this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

+1 for shemusic, Ill-esha and Pendulum. The Vulture has my vote.

• CoshCaust likes this

TpsOr7F.png

EliteShooter

EliteShooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

0/5 no snoop dogg

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

0/5 no snoop dogg

+1 for shemusic, Ill-esha and Pendulum. The Vulture has my vote.

Hey, thumbs up for effort. :D

What about a mix of songs, each for one or a few clips? I could be good to reflect changes in pacing - something like this:

Spoiler

Also, if project works, it could be divided to different aspects of game, for example:
- skillful movement / attack evades
- tactical teamplay moments
- classic fragmovie

To aid You, people could send videos tagged accordingly.

Ok, back to music. IMHO:

K-391 - Electrode
First 2 minutes are nice and goofy, then it goes strange. It could fade after 2:00 to change clip or end video in edit.

GRiZ - A Fine Way To Die
Nice overall, could be good for slow montage, tactic or stealth.

If I have to choose one track, I vote for Griz.

A+ post, i love you.

The mix of songs and different aspects of the game being showcased are great ideas- the relevance of them depends on the contributions being made. If i get enough content, i would absolutely love to do what you're describing. If i really get enough content - given my fairly extensive collection too - i may be able to start entire themed videos (funny/ridiculous, impressive, etc.). Which would allow videos to be ideal length (smaller than a 15 minute conglomeration), and would reduce production time.

We'll see what happens!

I want to emphasize your comments on music- exactly the type of response i'm looking for, thanks!

[read on, updated info on votes]

Gotta rep Berlin based Puppetmastaz here - The Garden it is!

I cast my sheep-infused vote upon she - coloris

Almost forgot that song existed before I heard it again today

Time to get the mothballs out of my pubstomp CRT Recrut :tongue:

Replying to everyone who has responded for the following reason:

After reading the wording of Draigun's comment, i decided it would be beneficial to allow everyone to give any song a single vote (vote for as many songs as you want), and you may give two votes to your favorite if you so desire.

This method will show a song many people do not want, even if three happen to vote for it. It should help combat the issue of small population, and give a result that is more satisfactory to the general public (maybe no one agrees on their favorite, but they may all agree on a solid choice).

So i've doubled everyone's current vote. Respond again if you want to include other songs, or of course change your vote entirely.

• kvazarsky likes this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I got some flak scout/EOC infil clips, I'll render them and send them to you later today.

Update: Just sent it to you

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 17 October 2015 - 05:11 AM.

• CoshCaust likes this

Spoiler

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts
Only decent hawken montage I've ever seen was Ellie's

• Guns_N_Rozer and LaurenEmily like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Maybe not the only 'decent', but definitely the best one there is and probably the best there ever will be.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

I know i like it, but if you're going to take the time to comment in here, at least vote on a song, or explain why you like that video!

Criticism is awesome. And i can even recommend 11:36 in my video seeing as you're all about that tarp ship, and it's a similar genre.

https://youtu.be/Q8hRgm43Mgs?t=11m36s

Be a doll :wink:

Edited by CoshCaust, 17 October 2015 - 11:46 AM.

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

New voting - still Griz, and second one for K-391.

[yt - save teh scroll mouse]

It's good, but not the "only decent" out there. CoshCaust (and a few other) also produces interesting content. Thanks for posting it anyway, added to my Hawken links collection. :)

Edited by kvazarsky, 19 October 2015 - 12:49 PM.

• CoshCaust likes this

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

New voting - still Griz, and second one for K-391.

Updated!

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Song votes for me:

She - Coloris -- Nice beat, feels like it would fit well for a good old-fashioned frag montage

TwoThirds & Feint - Starscape -- Similar thoughts to Coloris. I like Coloris a little bit better out of the two, but since they're both short if you're looking for a longer montage you could probably use both in different sections.

Sound Remedy - Victory -- Little bit of variety between higher energy and smoother sections which feel like it would give you some flexibility on what types of clips to use.

Still working on picking out clips. I might send you a forum PM on the subject.

• CoshCaust likes this

Hawken gameplay

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Song votes for me:

She - Coloris -- Nice beat, feels like it would fit well for a good old-fashioned frag montage

TwoThirds & Feint - Starscape -- Similar thoughts to Coloris. I like Coloris a little bit better out of the two, but since they're both short if you're looking for a longer montage you could probably use both in different sections.

Sound Remedy - Victory -- Little bit of variety between higher energy and smoother sections which feel like it would give you some flexibility on what types of clips to use.

Still working on picking out clips. I might send you a forum PM on the subject.

Again, awesome input.

Was there a specific favorite, other than giving a vote to each (which is what i've got down now)?

DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Again, awesome input.

Was there a specific favorite, other than giving a vote to each (which is what i've got down now)?

Not really a single one that stood out over the others, no. A single vote for each should cover it.

Hawken gameplay

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Not really a single one that stood out over the others, no. A single vote for each should cover it.

That works.

Gyrocopter

Gyrocopter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

O_O did you look at my osu library?!?

Snake Eyes is great, but its too fast for Hawken I think. Gonna have to go with GigaP - Resonate or She - Coloris. Resonate may also be too fast though, so Coloris it is.

• CoshCaust likes this

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

O_O did you look at my osu library?!?

Snake Eyes is great, but its too fast for Hawken I think. Gonna have to go with GigaP - Resonate or She - Coloris. Resonate may also be too fast though, so Coloris it is.

Directly over your shoulder ;)

So 1 point to Resonate, 2 to Coloris? Putting that in for now!

• Gyrocopter likes this

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

im late, Dang well let me know if you do another.

• CoshCaust likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

im late, Dang well let me know if you do another.

Would love to, and almost certainly will.

• Shade__ likes this

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Would love to, and almost certainly will.

Thanks. ^w^

• CoshCaust likes this

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I'm gonna date myself right now - if you could get some of the ingame sounds, level it out with Curtis mayfield's "pusher man".. intrumental only, of course.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Hands down best montage in Hawken, nothing comes close. I wouldn't even call my second favorite a montage (it is an experience though) 

In terms of entertainment value this is also way up there for me. I never experienced strong hellfires, there are a ton of names I recognize, and beside all that, with better production value this would be a fantastic montage.

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 04 February 2016 - 02:24 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
<words>

Not to be a pest, but comments like yours indicate a potential source of improvement for me- so if you've seen mine, i'd love to hear any criticism you have which could help me make better videos!

I also understand opinion, so if most of your preference is based in game-play style (Pred vs Scout) or song choice, then that's understandable.

• CounterlogicMan likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: community, montage, video, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users