- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Dakeer

Dakeer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone! I'm new to the community forum and i hope i'll meet lots of hawkineers :)
My concern is: New mech.
I have a feeling that there isn't enough mechs ingame, but devs need good concepts for new axes.
My idea would be a close range-melee mech who would use electrified/magnetic melee weapon as its primary.
I think a mech such as would be really useful: Especially on A & B classes (not the slow fatties)
So, yeah that's basically the whole threat. Cya guys

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

!hammertime

• SparkyJJC, CrimsonKaim, KarlSchlag and 3 others like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

980226_o.gifE6rKtlC.gif

Edited by dorobo, 31 March 2016 - 10:28 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

dorobo, It was supposed to be a single* image....

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

To the op, Hawken has been on a sort of a hiatus for some time. First there was the great silence since the original developer went belly up. Reloaded has picked up the pieces and they are doing something for sure, but for now stuff we can see has been on server side. The last patch is two years old, so the community has gone a tad sour on reguests concerning stuff requiring changes on client side.

Secondly, Hawken has always had a distinctive style which is one of the reasons why people have been sticking around so long. This style was laid out by the former devs and according to them there were two things that would never be in Hawken: lasers and melee weapons. Of course we don't know if the new devs stick to this in coming patches.

Not to mention melee weapons have been requested dozens of time on the forums by new people. So these are some of the reasons why people don't take your request seriously.

Lastly, welcome to the community! People around here are mostly a friendly bunch.

edit: The devs would actually have tons of concepts for new mechs. The old devs left some nearly finished ones lying around and there are something like 6 unused mech models in the game files already. Also, people here seem to except very complete and mature ideas like the ones nepa posts sometimes, For example this https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Edited by Pelan, 01 April 2016 - 04:42 AM.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

New A class? One of them close range ones. :smile: 

Edited by hoghead, 01 April 2016 - 08:18 AM.

• dorobo likes this

NovaTempest

NovaTempest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Firstly, I've been loosely keeping track of what has been going on with HAWKEN since Reloaded took over development, I do tip my hat to the new developers for saving this diamond in the rough, and despite the apparent so called 'lack of communication', the fact they are actually working on the game in some manner is encouraging enough for me to play again from time to time.

Now to this topic and the OP:

This has been spoken of many times, even back when Meteor and Adhesive were still 'working' on this game. Some came up with some interesting concepts such as myself even, Considering Reloaded is now working on Hawken I may post this old information onto the forums.

I'll leave a link as soon as the deed is done.

But back to now, I am certain the Devs will eventually get to new mechs once they have settled most of the issues plaguing them now, which as the February update suggested, they are closing in on completing.

To also note, they will be able to create new mechs for the game later because they have, as CapnJosh said, recovered and documented the mech art pipeline, which may not seem like much, but in the back of my head, even though I am not fully aware of the process, this is big, as it will save A CONSIDERABLE amount of time for them to come out with any new mechs, or redesign current ones if they ever get to that point.

Hopefully this helps.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I think there are more than enough mechs in the game to keep any new player happy for months and months.  If a new player is constantly hopping from one mech to another, they are doing themselves a great disservice by actually harming their player style, skills and muscle memory.

I suggest that any new player is far better served by sticking to "one mech at a time".  Get your first mech, play it exclusively until you have completely ranked it up (which should take a pretty long time) and feel like you are totally proficient in it... THHHEEENNNN move on to another new mech.  Repeat.

If you are constantly hopping from one mech to the next, especially mid-match, you are really just confusing yourself, especially your muscle memory.  Once a player can honestly say, I have all of the mechs, I earned each of them by playing all the way through the one before it, and I feel like I have mastered each of them... then it is okay to start jumping from one to another.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Back flips... we got the stupid air dodge... how bout back flip with ability to shoot... back flip off bridge shoot enemy below on way down :)

and a tow missile warning too... IDK why that wasn't in the game, we got hellafire missile lock warning. There should be an incoming tow warning but with different warning buzzer than the hellafire.

Edited by thirtysix, 09 April 2016 - 05:35 PM.

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Back flips... we got the stupid air dodge... how bout back flip with ability to shoot... back flip off bridge shoot enemy below on way down :)

and a tow missile warning too... IDK why that wasn't in the game, we got hellafire missile lock warning. There should be an incoming tow warning but with different warning buzzer than the hellafire.

I thought there was a brief warning from an incoming Tow.

I know there used to be... did that change and I didn't notice?

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I thought there was a brief warning from an incoming Tow.

I know there used to be... did that change and I didn't notice?

hellfires are homing missiles and in real life homers send radar waves alerting enemies to incomming missiles, but a tow is guided by a thin wire it "tows" so it can be controled without jamming/detection

• DemitronPrime likes this

thirtysix

thirtysix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

hellfires are homing missiles and in real life homers send radar waves alerting enemies to incomming missiles, but a tow is guided by a thin wire it "tows" so it can be controled without jamming/detection

Army 12 years... tows can be detected several different ways, but usually are fired at a range that would make them difficult to impossible to shoot. For the sake of argument let's say that in Hawken they can be detected by... heat signature. Ideally you would dodge, but if you got Vulcan they should shoot it down, or an emp should cause it to wander off and any near (damned close) explosion should put it off course as well. Far as I know, only dodging works.... anyone else? Have you shot down/exploded an incoming tow?

Asus Rampage III Extreme, Core I7 950, Dual EVGA 580Ti, 16Gb G.Skill Sniper, 240Gb PNY SSD, Walmart mic :P~

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Have you shot down/exploded an incoming tow?

Yes

edit: the reflak will shoot them

Edited by talon70, 12 April 2016 - 09:48 PM.

• dorobo likes this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Yes

edit: the reflak will shoot them

tows shoot tows even grenades explode tows maybe?.. it's difficult to notice and happens not that often but ye it's logical that way in hawken..

giphy.gif

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

an alt to air 180, barrel roll for doubble tapping dodge which adds a extra spin/roll (if on ground)

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Yes [TOWs can be shot down]

I have yet to be able to duplicate this in a controlled environment. At this point I believe it is more likely that people have misidentified an early remote detonation as destroying the projectile.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Army 12 years... tows can be detected several different ways, but usually are fired at a range that would make them difficult to impossible to shoot. For the sake of argument let's say that in Hawken they can be detected by... heat signature. Ideally you would dodge, but if you got Vulcan they should shoot it down, or an emp should cause it to wander off and any near (damned close) explosion should put it off course as well. Far as I know, only dodging works.... anyone else? Have you shot down/exploded an incoming tow?

(delete pls sorry :()

Edited by Bastardo, 18 April 2016 - 10:00 PM.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

tows can be shot down but it isnt as easy as the AI makes it look as netcode shows you a different tow than whats realy there

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I definitely remember shooting them down.  It was back in the day when I was both not as good and obsessed with learning all the little 'details' of each and every aspect of the game that I remember sitting around and shooting them down.  Of course, back then, you also got an audio warning when a TOW was fired at you, so it was much easier to know it was coming.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

the last thing i want is a hacker shooting down my tows, please no.(please yes, i like the idea)

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users