Photo

36M and Vytro: Video? Screenshots? Review?

- - - - - 36m vytro

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hey all!

So since the new crop of mechs showed up on console, I've been really interested in the 36M. I can find video of the Civ, Nief, Charge, but not this one. 

Hasn't anyone used this mech? Could someone post video of 36M gameplay, or at least give a description of what it's like?

And while we're at it, how about the Vytro: https://www.microsof...le/bwxf0b67njvq

This signature is under construct

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I'm also curious...someone pls?

Ic6j9zJ.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

36M:

The 36M is a tank that shreds anything in its path. They were once used to shred through mountains by all major corporations. Equipped with dual B3-AR: PPA Rotary Cannons, a loadout that says "Hey, I'm not gonna fall over anytime soon." and a turret for self-defense, it's clear why this was the go-to Mech for mining operations at the discovery of the HAWKEN Virus.

QmVPRkP.jpg

Here's the Mech's ability:

93d4033778.jpg

Vytro:

The Vytro is a stealth mech made by Sentium. Think of it as a response to Prosk's stealth technology Mechs - because, well, that's what it is. A Prosk knockoff. That's not to say it didn't get used by Sentium who clearly are proud of their work. It can sustain long periods of stealth, and has a Breacher (a charge-damage rail shot) and a Charge Cannon (fires an electrical bolt) equipped on it. Think of it as a disrupting mech that sits in the back lines of fighting, sipping their Sentium mug and nailing Mechs.

Here's the Vytro's loadout:

aDByHTD.jpg

Here is the Vytro's ability:

V3aOmrk.jpg

Edited by CZeroFive, 22 October 2016 - 05:01 PM.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, claisolais and 7 others like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

A wild lightning cannon appears!

(Why does it's icon have an AR and TOW tho. C'mon guys! We've been through this. :pinch: )

Edited by DeeRax, 22 October 2016 - 05:19 PM.

• claisolais, nepacaka and Arkhaun like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

(Why does it's icon have an AR and TOW tho. C'mon guys! We've been through this. :pinch: )

Probably because the art we made for them wasn't finalized until after the design decision was made for which weapons they use.

Thanks for pointing that out.

• eth0, nepacaka and Zebanchi like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Thanks for pointing that out.

No prob. :thumbsup:

Dunno how I feel about a 2nd b-class stealth mech, but the Vytro chassis always did strike me as a true-to-life stealth design, so bonus points for that.

Edited by DeeRax, 22 October 2016 - 05:24 PM.

• CZeroFive and Zebanchi like this

2XhpJes.png

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Lol at that Vytro ability. No radar signature until you do something that normally makes you show up on radar! Great! At least you have the cloaking in the mean time. Its like infil ability but worse.

Would be nice to see how the new weapon and item handle and/or what kind of numbers they have.

• crockrocket and LaurenEmily like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Lol at that Vytro ability. No radar signature until you do something that normally makes you show up on radar! Great!

I was wondering about that myself........ Seems redundant.... Unless the ability cancels out the scanner too? Which, I mean...... Sure, I guess.... Hrmm..

It'd be neat if the ability masked radar regardless of shooting, at least. But then Infil ability would be strictly worse?

Edited by DeeRax, 22 October 2016 - 05:29 PM.

2XhpJes.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Lol at that Vytro ability. No radar signature until you do something that normally makes you show up on radar! Great! At least you have the cloaking in the mean time. Its like infil ability but worse.

Would be nice to see how the new weapon and item handle and/or what kind of numbers they have.

vTSOAJ9.jpg

The damage starts out small for one mech, and goes up to moderate amounts, up to 6 Mechs in the vicinity total.

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, _incitatus and 5 others like this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Here's the Vytro's weapon stats.

u1ekEvF.jpg

• _incitatus, eth0, nepacaka and 2 others like this

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

So awesome, thanks for all the data! Totally was not expecting this, I want to play these mechs now!

• Shade__ and CZeroFive like this

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Can someone tell me if the 36m's ability renders it immobile? That's what people are saying...

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Can someone tell me if the 36m's ability renders it immobile? That's what people are saying...

Yeah, that's what it does. It's a turret mode.

• eth0 likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
Thanks for posting some specifics for us

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Yeah, that's what it does. It's a turret mode.

Wait: there are turret modes currently in PC Hawken (Rocketeer, Vanguard, Brawler) that significantly reduce the movement of the mech when used, but they don't make the mech immobile. Is the 36m's turret mode like those ones - limited but available mobilkity? Or is it different and it actually prevents all movement from the mech except rotation?

• Zebanchi likes this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Sigil_

Sigil_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Ooh, the Shock Turret and the Lightning Gun are is out in the wild now? Nice.

Not expecting anything, but could you speak to some of the other unreleased stuff like the Gravity Bomb, Sticky Bomb, Pusher, and Siege Tank? Perhaps some of the weapon variants too?

And props for releasing a mech with a new weapon. Dual Wielding was getting a little overdone. Clarification on the Vytro's ability though. Is functionally identical to the Predator's Stalker mode or is it some odd hybrid of Stalker and Camouflage? The wording is a little ambiguous.

No melee. No lasers.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Wait: there are turret modes currently in PC Hawken (Rocketeer, Vanguard, Brawler) that significantly reduce the movement of the mech when used, but they don't make the mech immobile. Is the 36m's turret mode like those ones - limited but available mobilkity? Or is it different and it actually prevents all movement from the mech except rotation?

It doesn't reduce mobility, it completely prevents all mobility except rotation.

• eth0 likes this

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Clarification on the Vytro's ability though. Is functionally identical to the Predator's Stalker mode or is it some odd hybrid of Stalker and Camouflage? The wording is a little ambiguous.

It's the same as the Predator's stalker mode with a different energy drain rate.

• eth0 likes this

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

It's the same as the Predator's stalker mode with a different energy drain rate.

Pred's Stalker Mode doesn't drain anything though..

The Infil's cloak drains fuel, which I'm guessing is what you're referring to.

Unless that was changed in the console version?

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Pred's Stalker Mode doesn't drain anything though..

The Infil's cloak drains fuel, which I'm guessing is what you're referring to.

Unless that was changed in the console version?

Yeah, my bad. Mixed the two up. It's the same as the cloak effect that drains fuel but at a different rate. They're not labeled well at all in code.

• eth0 likes this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Different as in faster or slower?

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Different as in faster or slower?

Just double checked to make sure. It's a slower burn rate on the fuel.

• eth0 likes this

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
So the question is when does this mech and any of the others come to PC? Cant we just get 1 update that has 1 mech and a change to the intro? just to bide our time.

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

36M:

The 36M is a tank that shreds anything in its path. They were once used to shred through mountains by all major corporations. Equipped with dual B3-AR: PPA Rotary Cannons, a loadout that says "Hey, I'm not gonna fall over anytime soon." and a turret for self-defense, it's clear why this was the go-to Mech for mining operations at the discovery of the HAWKEN Virus.

QmVPRkP.jpg

Here's the Mech's ability:

93d4033778.jpg

Hmmm, I will need to customize that chassis...giphy.gif.....I'll only say this once and you'll never hear it from me again so enjoy it while you can... Good Job....Reloaded. So when should I expect to have fun with this thing? So I can retire the G2R forever.

Edited by Onstrava, 22 October 2016 - 10:56 PM.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Duplicate

Edited by Draco3, 22 October 2016 - 10:54 PM.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

So the question is when does this mech and any of the others come to PC? Cant we just get 1 update that has 1 mech and a change to the intro? just to bide our time.

Hopefully sooner than later. Our development efforts on console are being done with the PC codebase 'in mind' so we're hoping to share more information on that soon.

The real problem with introducing anything to the PC game right now is anything we add that's specific to the PC database will have to be merged over to the console database and may cause conflicts in the future when we unify the codebases. There's some stuff heavily rooted in our code that isn't flexible in a traditional database sense.

The hope is that we can just 'plug and play' the PC player data in so no changes will have to be done beyond adding the additional Mech types, weapon types, new items and internals that were added in console. The internals and items system that is currently in console will not make its way to the PC game, for whoever is wondering.

We're hoping largely nothing will have to change on the PC side of things and that's still the case. After the PC game is synced up with the game code and database, then we can evaluate other options.

• eth0 likes this

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

The internals and items system that is currently in console will not make its way to the PC game, for whoever is wondering.

thank goodness.

We're hoping largely nothing will have to change on the PC side of things and that's still the case.

So wait.  Let me get this right, you're trying to make it so that you can almost seamlessly add things to all 3 versions of the game, and you are trying not to touch how the PC game works too much in order to do so?  am i right or did i read all this wrong.

Also really cool to see the old G2 Assault chassis getting used.  good to know that didn't just get chucked into a corner and lost like we thought it did when the console game first came out.

• onedemnoobs, Shade__ and CZeroFive like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

So wait.  Let me get this right, you're trying to make it so that you can almost seamlessly add things to all 3 versions of the game, and you are trying not to touch how the PC game works too much in order to do so?  am i right or did i read all this wrong.

Yeah, that's correct. We'll go into more details when we're closer to relaunching PC.

• eth0 likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Yeah, that's correct. We'll go into more details when we're closer to relaunching PC.

2016 or 2017?

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

2016 or 2017?

I am not the person to be asking those things. Not my area of expertise. Give me Visual Studio and a cup of coffee anyday.

• claisolais, MomOw and eth0 like this

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

The real problem with introducing anything to the PC game right now is anything we add that's specific to the PC database will have to be merged over to the console database and may cause conflicts in the future when we unify the codebases. There's some stuff heavily rooted in our code that isn't flexible in a traditional database sense.

The hope is that we can just 'plug and play' the PC player data in so no changes will have to be done beyond adding the additional Mech types, weapon types, new items and internals that were added in console. The internals and items system that is currently in console will not make its way to the PC game, for whoever is wondering.

is that mean, that you just added pack of new console content to PC (just like we have console bralwer, and original). If yes, it is just mean that all my mech just was useless if you not rebalance then, because obvioulsly, the just worse with HP and some other stats if compared with G2 variant (like as a top-content mech)

i just highly disagree if you just "merged" two games. because, just have no idea why we need old mechs in game which are useless without rebalance in new gameplay. it will be just mechs for "nostalgy", not for real gameplay. my suggestion is still - return all MC-credits and HC-credits and wipe account, or just replaced our mechs with G2 variants, it is also can save your time and make PC update faster. because it is better than "not lost nothing, but getting account full of unplayable mechs, which can't play with new machines". it is like you give account with 0 mechs on it, and all of you money and time which we put in game is just wasted, bacause we need collect every G2 mech again.

Replacing our mechs with consoles G2 variants also can be good solution. you evade difference between consoles and PC, if just made our mechs "the same". so, we just have all identical, but don't have a new mechs like 36m, vytro, civ etc.

Edited by nepacaka, 23 October 2016 - 02:23 AM.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

is that mean, that you just added pack of new console content to PC (just like we have console bralwer, and original). If yes, it is just mean that all my mech just was useless if you not rebalance then, because obvioulsly, the just worse with HP and some other stats if compared with G2 variant (like as a top-content mech)

i just highly disagree if you just "merged" two games. because, just have no idea why we need old mechs in game which are useless without rebalance in new gameplay. it will be just mechs for "nostalgy", not for real gameplay. my suggestion is still - return all MC-credits and HC-credits and wipe account, or just replaced our mechs with G2 variants, it is also can save your time and make PC update faster. because it is better than "not lost nothing, but getting account full of unplayable mechs, which can't play with new machines". it is like you give account with 0 mechs on it, and all of you money and time which we put in game is just wasted, bacause we need collect every G2 mech again.

Replacing our mechs with consoles G2 variants also can be good solution. you evade difference between consoles and PC, if just made our mechs "the same". so, we just have all identical, but don't have a new mechs like 36m, vytro, civ etc.

Pathetic whining. Now we go to any other online game and look at the balance of the characters - all absolute balance.

HA HA HA. 

In fact, every character plays a role on the battlefield.

If you want to to sacrifice a miserable sotey of aching veterans to lead the in hundreds of thousands of game - excellent.

The main developers are all carefully weighed.

PS. I went to the forum just a few days, and then all the same: whining, crying, tearing away of all, the next wave of insult / derision against the developers. And developers, I'm serious about what to make the in the game is only one "Assault" - only if all those his aching veterans shut up in the convulsions of pleasure (a perfect balance, is not it?).

Edited by Anichkov3, 23 October 2016 - 02:42 AM.

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

If you want to to sacrifice a miserable sotey of aching veterans to lead the in hundreds of thousands of game - excellent.

wipe can help if they have problems with merged database. even devs merge current console mechs balance with PC balance, it will be actually the same wipe (because all you mechs will be useless for new gameplay probably), but this is just take a longer time. so... why? i mean, why trying to save this content if it will be useless after patch. i diagree with this, it is true. because don't see any sense in it. If rebalanced old mechs, i'm OK with this.

PS. I went to the forum just a few days, and then all the same: whining, crying, tearing away of all, the next wave of insult / derision against the developers. 
here some reason for this, actually. 

In fact, every character plays a role on the battlefield.
which role have bruiser? sucker? or eok-rockee? flying boat of pain yourself? xD

Edited by nepacaka, 23 October 2016 - 03:31 AM.

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

console get update, pc here does not. not fair!!

• onedemnoobs likes this

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Can somebody on console record a preview of these mechs in action or in tutorial or something? I'm really interested in the 36M's heat generation. Obviously it's not like it is currently since it would overheat in a second. I got a pretty good idea with the Vytro just based on the info here but I can't imagine the 36M correctly. Visions of Gundam keep popping in my head.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

onedemnoobs

onedemnoobs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

console get update, pc here does not. not fair!!

can you say you are surprised?

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

14492368_1428077260540595_82261334396371

::eoc/bolt Pred::Eoc Infil::Vulcanador::Manguard::Hawkins Tech::Zerker::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Even in death a man can find peace in knowing he died for a cause greater than his own"

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

I've noticed a few Vytro videos....it's OP, I guess?

• DeeRax likes this

Ic6j9zJ.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Oh god... Infil almost dead in one double shot. Talk about TTK. C05, what the hell is this?

• claisolais, 1uster, LaurenEmily and 4 others like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I've noticed a few Vytro videos....it's OP, I guess?

Oh god... Infil almost dead in one double shot. Talk about TTK. C05, what the hell is this?

Who woulda' thought that if you put a breacher on anything other than Pred it'd be OP? :teehee:
I don't think any mech should be able to do more damage in one double shot than Sharpshooter, except maybe a lucky Civ or G2 Raider (Marauder). This thing looks utterly ridiculous.

I'm assuming they're gonna' do what they did with Nief, and have it be way OP at first, and then nerf the fuzzy bunny out of it. Either way, This thing prolly shoulda' had heat cannon or T-bolt instead of breacher though, IMHO.

The charge cannon seems pretty fun though, mechanically-speaking at least. I like how it builds up heat the longer you keep a max charge.

I uh, noticed, tho... Does it just use the Sabot firing sound? It sounds really, really similar to me. Are we really just going to re-use all the old assets, including sound fx? Really? I assume RLD doesn't have a sound designer?........... It's hard to tell for sure from that vid though, so I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by DeeRax, 23 October 2016 - 01:31 PM.

• DerMax, claisolais and LaurenEmily like this

2XhpJes.png

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

What does the Charge Cannon do? It just looks like a HEAT Cannon that shoots lightning.

• -Tj-, DeeRax and Zebanchi like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 36m, vytro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users