• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

petracles

petracles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

This might be a bump, but just in case it hasn't been covered...

Why does the Incin's heat siphon not have any visual to it besides the little indicator on the HUD under the health bar? I feel like an in-game visual feedback would be SUPER helpful to people understanding the mech/mechanic better, as well as introducing it to new players more effectively. A lot of people new to this game don't even recognize that this game mechanic even exists, and furthermore, it's really helpful to (new) players who are more keen to use sustained-dmg weapons as well.

Something visual along the lines of the Heat-Charge item's animation, but maybe a different color (like blue instead of red) and have the waves move in the opposite direction, towards the center of the animation's sphere (towards the Incin). I get there are a lot of issues with this suggestion, like the animation clipping through walls around the Incin using it, as well as the memory cost of having this animation run constantly, because, like, Incin == spam... Just an initial thought thought in terms of designing a better visual feedback loop for the player to get a feel of this functionality in the game.

• JeffMagnum and Rchive like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I get the feeling that would seriously clutter the battlefield and be less than great for newbies visual recognition, especially once deathballs start forming. 

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Maybe things like that could be PhysX and turned off for performance and on for eye candy easily.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I get the feeling that would seriously clutter the battlefield and be less than great for newbies visual recognition, especially once deathballs start forming. 

I don't think a relatively subtle effect would necessarily clutter everything. I wouldn't want anything nearly as obtrusive as a Heat Charge, but a simple circle with minor animations indicating the boundary would be useful imo. Even for players who know about the heat siphoning mechanic, it'd be nice to be able to see exactly where it starts to take effect before actually getting within range. 

• Rchive likes this

d1eZeG3.png

Amazia

Amazia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Why not just have a blue bar on your heat bar that show the difference in heat from what you would be getting? Only visable to client, and not very intrusive.

Edit: my spelling is bad, and I feel bad.

Edited by Amazia, 10 April 2015 - 12:29 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Or maybe just notifications

Like the warnings from hellfire or the over heat label...

Just put it somewhere else? Like more to the side or something.

Also could we indicate the modes of your weapon somewhere in your HUD.

Like for tech deconstruct and construct

Or for the raider or something....

Maybe this would be a good idea or a bad idea making the user rely too much on notifications and not its environment enough or something....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Or maybe just notifications

Like the warnings from hellfire or the over heat label...

Just put it somewhere else? Like more to the side or something.

Also could we indicate the modes of your weapon somewhere in your HUD.

Like for tech deconstruct and construct

Or for the raider or something....

Maybe this would be a good idea or a bad idea making the user rely too much on notifications and not its environment enough or something....

Your reticle changes when you switch firing modes on your secondary. Not only that, but the weapon changes as well.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

but on some reticles it doesnt 

lol i tried

the tri dot secondary reticle doesnt change it only turns arround and goes back to where it began .... etc XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

but on some reticles it doesnt

lol i tried

the tri dot secondary reticle doesnt change it only turns arround and goes back to where it began .... etc XD

Yeah, some of the reticles are crap in that regard. I usually use a different reticle for weapons with two firing modes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users