HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Need detailed information on Mechs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 21 2012 - 05:40 AM

I've found that the information on mechs are limited, and mostly assumed. I look through the customizations and equipment. and see % increases and fixed increase but I have no Idea what the total is to properly assert what changes this makes.

We need detailed mech statics. Base stats as well as modified stats. Numeric values for things like walk speed, run speed, acceleration, boost speed, fuel regen, total fuel.  Radar range, firing radar detection, movement radar detection.

It kinda feels like a lot of these things are being presented in a way that assumes players have developer's knowledge. for example. .2 fuel regen a second. To truely understand the worth of that, I have to know both what total fuel is, and what base fuel regen is. If total fuel is something like 10 and base regen in 1 it might seem worth it, but if its 100 and regen is 10 its trivial, however you have no idea but the feel from playing with the specs. With these diminished numbers its even harder to tell.

I really think this kind of info is necessary to truely build a mech to your specifications.
Posted Image

#2 Spawny

Spawny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:37 AM

Gotta agree there.

Even in CB2, I was already wondering how much fuel I had, what the standard regen rate was, what the standard repair rate was, how fast/slow my mech walked/ran, etc...

For a lot of people (including myself), min/maxing is a sport in it's own right. I want to be able to optimize my build and match it to my playstyle. Having numbers makes it easier to chose between the different optimizations and internals.
Alpha 2 B-Class Bruiser
Closed Beta 1 C-Class Brawler
Closed Beta 2 A-Class Berzerker
Closed Beta 3 A-Class Scout

#3 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:08 AM

Too many numbers is never a bad thing.  I want as much as possible.
Chicks dig giant robots.

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:55 AM

Well, we did have numbers... in fight club. But now they're hidden from us, so we have to basically dig and hack them out.

I'd love more transparency here. We should at least be able to compare mechs with other mechs in terms of things like walking speed, for example, without having to resort to hacking your game. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users