HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Crash if I leave match

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 7AA-7IZ

7AA-7IZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ran out of virtual memory. Run the 64-bit version.

Address = 0x755a9617 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x1253261  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\MeteorEntertainment\Hawken\InstalledHawkenFiles\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x126077a  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\MeteorEntertainment\Hawken\InstalledHawkenFiles\Binaries\Win32\HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x6d617267 (filename not found)

Need solution, for 32-bit OS. I don't want buy new OS  <_<

#2 CTLN7

CTLN7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:49 AM

same here

#3 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:54 AM

You have 2 choices..

1) run the game in a much lower quality state turning off as much as possible
2) upgrade to 64bit which is the best choice

#4 CTLN7

CTLN7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:16 PM

I already run it at the lowest setting also this didnt happen in the last 2 betas and neither it did in the alpha .

#5 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostCTLN7, on November 21 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

I already run it at the lowest setting also this didnt happen in the last 2 betas and neither it did in the alpha .

Well upload your dxdiag file for us then.

#6 zip_EX

zip_EX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:58 AM

Global Problem ='(

#7 Kai_Kitamura

Kai_Kitamura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:36 PM

The funny thing is, the crash only happens when exiting to garage. It never happens when you actually play the game. Last time I had it, reducing texture quality helped, but this time, not so much. Maybe something isn't freed up properly_
Brawler - Gespenst Type-S -=- Bruiser - Gespenst Type-R -=- Rocketeer - Randgirth -=- Infiltrator - Lion -=- Sharpshooter - Weissritter

...make no mistake - we are not shy
We're very wide awake - the moon and I!

#8 Jadz

Jadz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted November 27 2012 - 12:59 AM

Juicebox again telling everyone to upgrade to 64 bit OS. Please ignore this guy I think he's a spammer at this point. Yes there is an issue with 32 bit but telling people to change to 64 bit does not fix the issue. It's a 32bit game There JuiceBox goes again telling people to upload there dxdiag which I already did in a thread that he said that in and he used it for nothing. Anyway maybe if hawken gets enough of these complaints about crashing they will figure it out and solve it. Your resolves juicebox are not resolves they are hassels.

#9 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 27 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostJadz, on November 27 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Juicebox again telling everyone to upgrade to 64 bit OS. Please ignore this guy I think he's a spammer at this point. Yes there is an issue with 32 bit but telling people to change to 64 bit does not fix the issue. It's a 32bit game There JuiceBox goes again telling people to upload there dxdiag which I already did in a thread that he said that in and he used it for nothing. Anyway maybe if hawken gets enough of these complaints about crashing they will figure it out and solve it. Your resolves juicebox are not resolves they are hassels.
This is still probably a better long-term solution; some games like Planetside 2 are 32-bit apps as well, but the game will crash on crazy like them due to hitting RAM limits, whereas on a 64-bit OS they run smooth and more stable for hours due to getting 4 GB reserved all for itself (as opposed to the 2 GB limit that's actually in effect with a 32-bit OS) as a 32-bit process, and obviously being able to access much more as a native 64-bit app. That's basically what's happening here: The game is running out of RAM, because as soon as it wants more than 2 GB, the OS won't (or more accurately, can't let it have it, and so it immediately quits.

Short-term, the devs should indeed work to fix this by reducing RAM usage and fixing memory leaks, but you can't count on this kind of hand-holding forever; it's simply a constraint of a 32-bit architecture, and us being in a PC world where 64-bit is increasingly the norm. Ask old-time nerds, they'll remember similar pains when we upgraded from 16-bit to 32-bit in the late 80s and early 90s, but eventually there was no choice for a 16-bit OS and then everyone was forced to do a far more painful upgrade than the much more streamlined process today. There's really been no need for 32-bit OSes save for lower-class hardware/PCs for the last 3-4 years now; even budget CPUs support 64-bit, and it's coming to embedded systems pretty shortly, if it already hasn't. Who knows how much longer until they stop making a 32-bit OS, especially since even entry level computers are coming with 4 GB of RAM now_

That said, it should probably be fixed with some kind of recompile or major patch. Until then, nothing wrong with reporting it, but you won't have a choice of upgrading one day - and on that day, upgrading will mean sacrificing considerably more stuff than if you got it done sooner. So until they do that, your literal choices for a fix ARE to reduce the game's RAM usage by reducing your details and settings... or to get a 64-bit OS.

And no, you can't "upgrade" directly to it. You have to do a clean installation due to how it works, but you can still migrate files, folders, etc. even with that via Windows Easy Transfer. Simply put, run it, make your backup, install 64-bit OS, restore files from backup. That's a snap compared to how it would've been 15 years ago.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 27 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#10 NoOBGamerDz

NoOBGamerDz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 27 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostJadz, on November 27 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

This is still probably a better long-term solution; some games like Planetside 2 are 32-bit apps as well, but the game will crash on crazy like them due to hitting RAM limits, whereas on a 64-bit OS they run smooth and more stable for hours due to getting 4 GB reserved all for itself (as opposed to the 2 GB limit that's actually in effect with a 32-bit OS) as a 32-bit process, and obviously being able to access much more as a native 64-bit app. That's basically what's happening here: The game is running out of RAM, because as soon as it wants more than 2 GB, the OS won't (or more accurately, can't let it have it, and so it immediately quits.

Short-term, the devs should indeed work to fix this by reducing RAM usage and fixing memory leaks, but you can't count on this kind of hand-holding forever; it's simply a constraint of a 32-bit architecture, and us being in a PC world where 64-bit is increasingly the norm. Ask old-time nerds, they'll remember similar pains when we upgraded from 16-bit to 32-bit in the late 80s and early 90s, but eventually there was no choice for a 16-bit OS and then everyone was forced to do a far more painful upgrade than the much more streamlined process today. There's really been no need for 32-bit OSes save for lower-class hardware/PCs for the last 3-4 years now; even budget CPUs support 64-bit, and it's coming to embedded systems pretty shortly, if it already hasn't. Who knows how much longer until they stop making a 32-bit OS, especially since even entry level computers are coming with 4 GB of RAM now_

That said, it should probably be fixed with some kind of recompile or major patch. Until then, nothing wrong with reporting it, but you won't have a choice of upgrading one day - and on that day, upgrading will mean sacrificing considerably more stuff than if you got it done sooner. So until they do that, your literal choices for a fix ARE to reduce the game's RAM usage by reducing your details and settings... or to get a 64-bit OS.

And no, you can't "upgrade" directly to it. You have to do a clean installation due to how it works, but you can still migrate files, folders, etc. even with that via Windows Easy Transfer. Simply put, run it, make your backup, install 64-bit OS, restore files from backup. That's a snap compared to how it would've been 15 years ago.
ty thats exactly my problem , i have 2GO ram and the game crash each time i turn the textures to high or when there are to many players in game , hop the do something about it .

#11 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostNoOBGamerDz, on December 01 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

ty thats exactly my problem , i have 2GO ram and the game crash each time i turn the textures to high or when there are to many players in game , hop the do something about it .
Well... they can do some things about it, but there's a limit, as I said.

And in actuality, according to their current requirements, 2 GB of RAM is too little for Hawken to run reliably; you'll want at least 3 GB. Furthermore, the recommended spec makes it clear that 64-bit will be preferable to 32-bit.

So for you... keep the settings lower and close any extra apps to free up precious RAM, or upgrade at least the amount of RAM in your PC.

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 03 2012 - 12:41 PM

What if the MOBO does not allow a RAM upgrade_

Anyways, I've seen Hawken running decently well on an Intel Core2 Quad, 2GB RAM DDR3, mid-end GPU on WinXP 32-bit. On low settings though. So if I understand your comments on here well enough... Do you mean that those crashes ocurring when you're exiting during or after a match do not occur in machines running a 64-bit O.S with 4GB RAM_ Just curious on this..

Edit: To all pilots running low-end / mid-end computers: Close as many non-relevant tasks and/or programs as possible before playing modern games. That definitely will be of help too.

Edited by The_Silencer, December 03 2012 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on December 03 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

What if the MOBO does not allow a RAM upgrade_

Anyways, I've seen Hawken running decently well on an Intel Core2 Quad, 2GB RAM DDR3, mid-end GPU on WinXP 32-bit. On low settings though. So if I understand your comments on here well enough... Do you mean that those crashes ocurring when you're exiting during or after a match do not occur in machines running a 64-bit O.S with 4GB RAM_ Just curious on this..

Edit: To all pilots running low-end / mid-end computers: Close as many non-relevant tasks and/or programs as would be possible before running and playing games. That definitely may help as well.
What he said at the end. 2 GB may work but it's not officially considered supported, though, keep it in mind.

If his mobo won't allow for more RAM, then obviously he should try to save up for a better system, though even a very basic ATX board will come with at least two, if not four, RAM slots. Ideally you want 8 GB or more, although that means you will NEED a 64-bit OS since a 32-bit OS will never see more than 3-3.25 GB.

#14 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:50 PM

Do you mean that a 64-bit O.S won't decently run with 4GB RAM only_ Just asking..

Note: BTW, end-users running on Win32-bit platforms should check their Virtual Memory/page file' size. Better you let the Operating System to admin the size. That decently makes a difference for a better performance.

Edit: Good point on how 32-bit OS versions handle RAM.

Edited by The_Silencer, December 03 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#15 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on December 03 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Do you mean that a 64-bit O.S won't decently run with 4GB RAM only_ Just asking..
No, it'll run quite well, but it's a tight fit, especially considering that the current Hawken minimum requirements are 3 GB of RAM. My guess is that really he's filling his RAM up and so the program is crashing out due to that.

Fortunately, the easy fix if he's on a 64-bit OS is to simply slap in another 4 GB of RAM if he can, or to order some kind of 2x4 GB kit if he can't find his memory in production anymore. If he's on a 32-bit OS, it's much harder due to what I said above, and the only long-term solution is to move over to a 64-bit OS.

Alternative, short-term solutions are to try to keep RAM use as low as possible by lowering details, turning off background stuff, etc.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 03 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#16 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 05 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 27 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Who knows how much longer until they stop making a 32-bit OS, especially since even entry level computers are coming with 4 GB of RAM now_

And that's not mentioning the fact that even videocards now almost as a standard come with a gig of internal memory, and most decent cards come with two gigs...
And will come with even more memory in the long run, if the current increasing GPU reliancy trend keeps on going.
And since any sort of memory gets counted towards the adress space, 32 bit OS'es are going to go the way of the dodo, and soon.

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, December 05 2012 - 12:31 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users