HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Stats on body parts_

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 21 2012 - 01:46 PM

Loving the game. Been loving the game since Alpha. I think there should definitely be stats attached to the parts you can get in the body shop. I think that would add more build diversity, and allow people to really stack stats to maximize their mech potential. The optimizations are great, but the boost percentages are still fairly low as far as buffs go. Stuff like extra armor, fuel, speed boost etc. on body parts would really add more meat to the customization aspect of the game, as well as adding more identity and attachment to people's individual mechs.

Cheers all :]
Posted Image

#2 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted November 21 2012 - 02:09 PM

The reason there isn't stats attached to body parts is so there people don't all look the same (as there would be optimized builds for best performance) but also, then it may lean toward pay to win as, last I recall, you can only get body parts with meteor points, which you can only get with money. The idea is to let you pay simply for how you look and leave all the stuff that you get different stats for be accessible for free if you feel like grinding for it.

The internals already do what your asking anyway, just there aren't as many of them as body parts on your mech. I also think that having to many would make mechs overpowered against new users. As it stands currently, it's still possible for one mech to take out any other mech in a 1v1, but if you start stacking to many bonuses on, it gets much much harder even if they are the same mech type, and they don't want that so much so it can still be competitive on the low end newbie as well as the high end.

O-o T_T Not trying to be mean with this, just trying to give out my point of view of the suggestion.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#3 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 21 2012 - 03:16 PM

No, no, all valid points you make good sir/ma'am. I guess Im just a fiend for big numbers on gear.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users