HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Game Mechanic: Reverse Dash

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 22 2012 - 04:08 PM

View PostBeemann, on November 22 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Posted Image
Oh, Mr. Toots. Your suffering amuses us all. Well, except for your victims. They might not be so amused.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#22 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Been discussed since Alpha.

The consensus is always no.

Want to know why_

The reverse dash mechanic is one that reduces how much thought you have to put into movement and making sure you're well positioned. If you accidentally run into a ambush, you can easily back dash to remove yourself immediately and place distance between you. It also trivializes close quarters combat play, as it allows you to continuously back away from a CQC class without having to turn your back on them, all while being able to periodically fire at them. When you learn to think about your positioning more, and don't overextend, you'll find you never need a back dash.

There's also the fact that it trivializes the skill of those who use 180 retreat tactics.

Everything he says. Backwards dash would make the game worse when i run into an OH fuzzy bunny situation i shouldnt be able to retreat and fire my weapons aslo not being able to back dash adds the suspense of not seeing who your running from which i love :D
Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users