HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Matchmaking Sucks

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:32 PM

Really, this makes the game feel completely lifeless and deserted. I mostly get empty servers or servers with one or two people (who just leave when I kill them). It takes me about 10 minutes to come across an active server and it's a complete shot in the dark.

Even worse is that you have to exit the server to upgrade your mech. If you LIKED that server, there is NO WAY to get back to it without just complete blind luck or having a friend on the server to jump to. Currently this match making is ticking me off.

Please bring back server lists.

#2 omnissiah19

omnissiah19

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:39 PM

They took down servers to test matchmaking this is closed beta so they have to fix bugs and all that fuzzy bunny
Begin transmission. The world collapses behind me.Posted Image

#3 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 21 2012 - 04:45 PM

they took away the browser to test the matchmaking it will be there after CBE-3

So go test the matchmaking_
Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

#4 Gestankfaust

Gestankfaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationOTG Headquarters

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostAvlaen, on November 21 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

they took away the browser to test the matchmaking it will be there after CBE-3

So go test the matchmaking_

^This

Seriously...have you never tested a game before_ Some things are turned off to test other areas. You aren't here to play. You are here to test what they ask....m'kay_

Edited by Gestankfaust, November 21 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#5 TemperWolf

TemperWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:45 PM

You fan boys are going to run this game into the gutter.

#6 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostTemperWolf, on November 21 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

You fan boys are going to run this game into the gutter.

I don't see any fan boys here. We are all dedicated Beta testers.

Its a Beta, SH!T happens.

Its obvious that MM service is being tested, so until the DEVs are satisfied with the results just deal with it.

Remember: The point of testing MM is so that it won't suck when the game is released to the masses.

Edited by Astrolis, November 21 2012 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#7 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 08:55 PM

Yup sucks!

Posted Image

#8 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well they need to test the system and fix what doesn't work and see what does it's the price we pay to be beta testers
and in the end we are helping make the game better so grit your teeth and suck it up for a while.
Posted Image

#9 String

String

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:03 PM

I think something is wrong with the matchmaking. Every time I try to search for a siege game it puts me in a server with 0 players.

#10 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:42 PM

So if you don't like the matchmaking then don't use it.  Simple as that.

(yes, I know....)
There is no time like time wasted...

#11 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostSystemiK, on November 21 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

(yes, I know....)

... WHERE THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY_

Seriously, now. The whole problem with matchmaking is that it favours throwing people into matches that have just begun or just ended. I keep joining games where my team instantly loses or wins. This means that when people leave matches in between, the server stays empty, so you get 6 vs 2 scenarios all too often. Their spot is never filled.
Posted Image

#12 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yes we all know the match making sucks. Thats because they are testing it with us right now. Now say WHY it sucks and what you want so it can legitmatly work. Personally i think a party system is needed and they need to be matched up to people in a party as well. Also the no leaver penalty is harsh and ruins ALOT of games. I like competitive games and when people quit out because they die twice in the early game it ruins the match. I would like to be matched up against people with a honor rating equal to mine or above a certian point. (honor being starting and finishing matches. Switching teams to balance them.) IDEAS PEOPLE IDEAS
Posted Image

#13 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:59 PM

Setting aside leavers/ragequitters and the silly 60 second long wait between games...

Simply put. You join a sparsely populated game. Other people join, look and leave. The low headcount games continue staying at a low headcount or just empty out again as everybody scrambles for a populated game.

They system is less than ideal but the people don't exactly help.

#14 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:01 PM

Is there any chance to have large games again with the matchmaking like Big team battle siege mode with the 32 players. Cause one main concern in CB2 siege mode was to many people shooting the ship. well with only 6 people on a team its hard to see the difference
Posted Image

#15 MeteorMod04

MeteorMod04

Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:02 PM

Let's remember to stay friendly, everyone. :) True, this IS Beta, and as such there are going to be buggy bits here and there. Feedback from players is what we need most, so we can improve the things that need it! Let's try to keep it constructive though. OP, I'm sorry you feel this way about matchmaking. But, please rest assured that you are all being heard :)

#16 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:27 PM

IIRC, they did say that it would actually come back during this beta in a future patch to it.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#17 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:31 PM

I remember them saying that about the server browser but didnt know if that meant larger games or not.
Posted Image

#18 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 21 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

View PostSystemiK, on November 21 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

(yes, I know....)

... WHERE THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY_

Seriously, now. The whole problem with matchmaking is that it favours throwing people into matches that have just begun or just ended. I keep joining games where my team instantly loses or wins. This means that when people leave matches in between, the server stays empty, so you get 6 vs 2 scenarios all too often. Their spot is never filled.

You are missing the point here.  I completely agree with you, the entire concept of matchmaking sucks fuzzy bunny droppings, but we don't seem to have a choice here do we_  

Until the dev team realize for themselves that the holy grail of a perfect matchmaking system has never been reached (and likely never will), then we are at their mercy.  They are on a quest to build the impossible right now (and who can blame them, many have tried) but I expect that the data they will see from the test and from the feedback will support the fact that gamer's always have and always will demand that WE retain control of which matches we join.  In the meantime, let them figure this out for themselves, they've certainly earned that right.  

No need to stress over this, it's a moment of madness on the part of the dev team but they've said themselves that the server browser will be back at some point, so we take one for the team for a week or two right_

But as I said before, either play it or don't play it, those are the two choices you have in front of you. What are you gonna do_

Edited by SystemiK, November 22 2012 - 12:05 AM.

There is no time like time wasted...

#19 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostEtan, on November 21 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

I remember them saying that about the server browser but didnt know if that meant larger games or not.
Well, I don't care too much about the larger games. I'd just like the server browser at some point. :P

Edited by DarkPulse, November 21 2012 - 11:41 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#20 IzznoogooD

IzznoogooD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:48 AM

I dident like that my mech from beta 2 got wiped with all the upgrades etc.

I get thats just what it is and have to deal with it, but its hard to lvl up from 0 when almost every game the other players has a higher lvl than you, 10+. I grind trough it but it makes me feel like i want to wait and see if they changed during this test run. or just wait untill december :P

Just have to wait and see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users