HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EMP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 legionwolff1

legionwolff1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted May 05 2011 - 12:32 PM

EMP-or Electromagnetic Pulse Is a disruptive pulse of energy used to damage or disrupt all electronic systems Mechs within the effective area. Notice I said all, that means the user too and his teammates.  This pulse is created using what is called NNEMP device or NON-NUCLEAR ELECTROMAGNETIC PULSE device. Meaning that it creates it's effects without the use of harmful (and extremly Over Powered in games I might add) Nuclear blasts. This would have to be an extremly heavy and expensive addition to a Mech.

Effects

This would create a couple different things depending where you are within the target range at the time of the blast. I'm not going to say exact radi from the blast zone so that this will be more easily accepted.

-Short range- Shuts down all coolant pumps, jump jet systems, cloaking, radar, devices needing charge times, and sensors. Reboot of all critical systems is extremly fast, but times increase the less critical the system.

-Medium range- May cause systems to fire off at random or turn on/ off without being commanded too. Control to movement is maintained but systems listed above in the short range pulse idea are subject to malfunction. effects of pulse take a medium amount of time to go away.

-Long range- Causes almost nothing besides medium to low static on the radar screen. This effect lasts a good amount of time but is not imparing so much as an annoyance.

How to tell if an EMP is coming
The device on the back of the Mech starts to emit a high pitched sound growing in volume. Also a faint glow increases with the volume. This is a good singal to start running.

Charge Time_
Yes. This device is over powered like none i've ever thught of the only way to keep it from becoming a dominating force is to apply an extremly large chaerge time to it. It may take 3/4 of a match to charge this thing.

Rules for fairness
1.All Mechs foe or friend are effected.
2.This should probably only be given to a limited number on a team because five EMPS going off in the closing seconds of a match wouldn't be fun for anyone.
3.No NNEMP devices should be allowed in single player matches. If they are there range should be severly reduced.
4.Finally the weight of this device has to be monstrous. If a mech has this it should have to be protected in order to stay alive because it will probably barely be able to move.

All comments and Questions are welcome thanks. LW
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users