HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Split Screen Multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sweaters

Sweaters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 06 2011 - 01:41 AM

First of all I loooove what i'm seeing so far! I loved mechassault on the orig xbox and for the longest time since then have been utterly mechless, and it's killing me!! Any suggestions for any awesome mech games for the 360 while we're at it_

And as for the question, well, Is that split-screen something that would be a little too much_ As i only have a 360 and a few friends whom enjoy getting their lan on (myself included)! So anything to up the amounts of man per screen would be amazing!! What say yee kind sirs_ :mrgreen:

Sincerely, your number one fan

#2 Sweaters

Sweaters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 07 2011 - 03:38 PM

lol looks like i'm alone on the matter.

What i'm saying is if the game were to release on a console.  8-)

#3 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted May 07 2011 - 04:06 PM

Sweaters said:

I'm for split screen (on consoles). I like to have the option to not have to have a system + screen for each person when you want to have some people over.

And much to the dismay of the people in the Platform Preference thread, whom quite a few are totally against consoles due to fear that it might have even the tiniest impact on their godly PC version of the game (if/when it comes out on consoles they'll complain about every issue being the console's fault), Adhesive Games have stated they have a large interest in releasing the game for the console, so I feel a console release for Hawken is likely.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#4 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 11 2011 - 04:43 PM

Ashfire908 said:

Sweaters said:

I'm for split screen (on consoles). I like to have the option to not have to have a system + screen for each person when you want to have some people over.

And much to the dismay of the people in the Platform Preference thread, whom quite a few are totally against consoles due to fear that it might have even the tiniest impact on their godly PC version of the game (if/when it comes out on consoles they'll complain about every issue being the console's fault), Adhesive Games have stated they have a large interest in releasing the game for the console, so I feel a console release for Hawken is likely.

I hate those people who only want it on their console so it can be "perfect" while ruining other players fun.

OT: If this is on console I'd love online and offline Split-screen play.
(/^▽^)/

#5 NAVY MARCOM

NAVY MARCOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted May 12 2011 - 10:21 AM

multi monitor wins over split screen. In fact I'm trying to figure out what FPS/sim games still have split screen _ they did away with it for a reason..

Ashfire, what hole have you been hiding in.. or are you that thick_ of course a console port to PC is poor, the Console is 5+ years behind the PC, anything the console can do at the high end is LOW LOW end now for a PC. Consoles require dumbed down play, aim assist, small maps, small MP numbers simplified controls. Add in a lazy and after though port ( which is every port), and yes it's pretty much a no brainer to blame the console. Years ago, MS was planning on making the original ' games for windows' technology/icon, mean that both the Xbox and PC could cross platform play one another, one of the games they tested was a yet to be released  Gears of War. ( ever wonder why GOW 1 was the only PC version_ this is why). What they found was that a so-so PC player would own a high level console player, without breaking a sweat. The PC platform is far superior to the console, the console is simply an outdated format that came about before there were such things as PC's, Consoles provide the vendor with a proprietary format and captive marketplace. The ultimate capitalism for the minimal outlay of technology and R&D, the 360 has been going for 5 years with another 4 planned minimum. yet your still playing $70 for a game on hardware that in most cases hasn't been made for the PC for 3-4 years.. Games of that generation of age are worth $5-10 on the bargain rack.  

So congrats to those that own a console, you bought into the marketing that keeps you anchored to outdated technology and paying full pop for the products you get for it.. and you wonder why PC gamers with a system like mine bitch.. because 'we' actually have a clue what technology is capable of and choose not to be told what it is by MS or SONY. MS has even gone to the length of stopping updates to the Direct X API to keep the PC users from being that much further ahead.. if a SW developer was to use say OPEN CL, then a console would look like a super NES next to it as it is it still looks like a game cube compared to my system.
gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 AMD 1090TG-Skills 1333 Ripjaw X 16gigSapphire 6970 2gigSamsung 2320 x3Steelseries Merc stealth Tritton AX 51 Procoolermaster storm inferno~ 5250gig SATA ,3TB SATA RAID 0 HD space and counting

#6 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted May 12 2011 - 11:56 AM

^^ this is the type of PC enthusiast that just makes me shake my head. Yes, PC capabilites are beyond what consoles can do, but the vast majority of gamers don't care. The guy above crows about owning the bleeding edge, and bemoans how dev's have 'dumb down' games to port to console. The reality is that the console market is much bigger than PC, and has been for a number of years. I'm sure my 360 doesn't allow me to enjoy every little detail he might see, but while that last 10% may be nice, it contributes little to actual gameplay.

I'd be happy if AG and other dev's coded to a PC level, then had to trim some of the bells & whistles off it so I can play on my box. Unfortunately for PC folks, many games start on console and get ported 'up' to PC because the dev's dollars are best spent chasing the larger market. The silly whining and insults above aren't going to change that.

#7 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted May 12 2011 - 12:03 PM

On topic, I wouldn't mind seeing split screen for off-line play, but recent gaming history (i'm looking at you COD:BO) showed that allowing split screen online ended up causing serious lag in P2P sessions. That may not be a problem if they went dedi-server, but I don't see a indie game having the $$ for that.

#8 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 12 2011 - 02:07 PM

NAVY MARCOM said:

multi monitor wins over split screen. In fact I'm trying to figure out what FPS/sim games still have split screen _ they did away with it for a reason..

Ashfire, what hole have you been hiding in.. or are you that thick_ of course a console port to PC is poor, the Console is 5+ years behind the PC, anything the console can do at the high end is LOW LOW end now for a PC. Consoles require dumbed down play, aim assist, small maps, small MP numbers simplified controls. Add in a lazy and after though port ( which is every port), and yes it's pretty much a no brainer to blame the console. Years ago, MS was planning on making the original ' games for windows' technology/icon, mean that both the Xbox and PC could cross platform play one another, one of the games they tested was a yet to be released  Gears of War. ( ever wonder why GOW 1 was the only PC version_ this is why). What they found was that a so-so PC player would own a high level console player, without breaking a sweat. The PC platform is far superior to the console, the console is simply an outdated format that came about before there were such things as PC's, Consoles provide the vendor with a proprietary format and captive marketplace. The ultimate capitalism for the minimal outlay of technology and R&D, the 360 has been going for 5 years with another 4 planned minimum. yet your still playing $70 for a game on hardware that in most cases hasn't been made for the PC for 3-4 years.. Games of that generation of age are worth $5-10 on the bargain rack.  

So congrats to those that own a console, you bought into the marketing that keeps you anchored to outdated technology and paying full pop for the products you get for it.. and you wonder why PC gamers with a system like mine bitch.. because 'we' actually have a clue what technology is capable of and choose not to be told what it is by MS or SONY. MS has even gone to the length of stopping updates to the Direct X API to keep the PC users from being that much further ahead.. if a SW developer was to use say OPEN CL, then a console would look like a super NES next to it as it is it still looks like a game cube compared to my system.

I don't get mad at people easily but the amount of greed you feel makes me have too.
Some people just can't play with a keyboard and mouse and some people don't have the money for a highend pc which can play this. The fact that you believe that branching out to a larger market isn't worth it if they have to "dumb down" your "perfect" experience.

Not every gamer who likes this game has a high end PC like yours and we shouldn't have to live without this for your "perfect" experience.
(/^▽^)/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users