HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Smooth out "Max Altitude" feeling.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 05:32 PM

Just an easy suggestion, it currently feel like your hitting a net or a wall.

I would just like to say a smoother halt would be nice,

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:31 PM

+1, would be nice it it was kinda like the paramount of a projectile arc with the smoothing
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 bac9

bac9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:02 AM

I agree. Additionally I'd like the limit to be raised in a number of locations, because being unable to climb AA diagonally or hitting limit in a couple of places on Andromeda after merely raising 5 meters up is a bit ridiculous.

By the way, some sort of pull-up mechanic would be nice too. You know, for situations when you're centimeters away from climbing that block and your engines run out. There should be some sort of a faloff zone which will help your mech to cross these centimeters to stand on the targeted surface. First person shooters with with human characters do that a lot, but far-reaching pull-ups would be very out of place with mechs, so I'm proposing more subtle effect. Something like a quick subtle boost from your exhaust, aiding you to cross the last bit of altitude to a target surface.*

* Can also be tied with a dedicated visual effect, like skidding from your legs on the edge, dropping dust and physx particles on folks below and alerting them about the climber above. Eye candy for everyone!

Edited by bac9, November 23 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:12 AM

I suggested to increase the max altitude value before CB3. Actually, I think that they have positively and slightly raised the value. I've not had  issues with the new and current max altitude. Maybe only when I was trying to perform certain risky and distant maneuvers around. But most of the times the situation was caused due the lack of fuel to complete that maneuver (thus mostly my bad and that's why leveling up your mech is intended for...).

Maybe jumping on a friendly mech might help a little_ ( kidding.. ) :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users