HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Matchmaking CB3 Test

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nukerock

Nukerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:24 PM

Well, the current matchmaking system has a serious problems that's keeping everyone from truly testing it, it keeps sending people to empty servers over and over again, resulting in people not actually having time to play matches.

You should try to fix that asap, either by increasing the range or prioritizing servers with most players on them.

Else, you should return the browser and leave the MM testing for when there's more players in OB, or cb3 will hardly be a beta test of anything with the exception of "MM sucks I can't find any games".

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:29 PM

I've been thinking, without a proper server browser, we can't tell if all the servers are either fully occupied or there just aren't any players in the region. Maybe matchmaking is assigning people to empty servers because there just aren't any players in the region, or all servers are full_
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Nukerock

Nukerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 22 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

I've been thinking, without a proper server browser, we can't tell if all the servers are either fully occupied or there just aren't any players in the region. Maybe matchmaking is assigning people to empty servers because there just aren't any players in the region, or all servers are full_
How do you explain anyone rarely joining servers when you're playing, if matchmaking is not separating people by skill then its not doing anything.

#4 DBTRS_Pain

DBTRS_Pain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:20 PM

anyone ever notice that it will pair up a whole bunch of people in a foreign server where everyone has a 300+ ping too_ like that shouldnt be happening at all either

#5 Noin

Noin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostDBTRS_Pain, on November 22 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

anyone ever notice that it will pair up a whole bunch of people in a foreign server where everyone has a 300+ ping too_ like that shouldnt be happening at all either
i just played a siege match that was the same way.  We all MM in and all of us are 300-400ms pings.  Not the best choice by the MM.

I'm not sure what the match maker is doing but it only feels like there is no one playing.  

I would rather see it have some flexibility, like adding a few extra players to a match rather than having them assigned to an empty server.  

When a match is over, there is a wierd dynamic going on.  i think it is a function of being stcuk there for 45 seconds or whatever.  Here is what i see:  
Some people leave because they are done playing for now.
Some people leave and pick another server immediately, raw impatience (same type of game or different)
Some people leave to go to the garage and assign points, etc.

I am sure there are other cases, but overall, the end of match start of new match needs some help as well.

it could keep a team together and just not have them face the same other team.  This would give as many new slots. For another team.

#6 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:23 AM

One of the devs have responded to matchmaking issues in the below thread:

http://community.pla...a-match-system/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users