HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Few suggestions for the HUD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Lone_Wolf-

-Lone_Wolf-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 08:50 AM

-Team chat color is currently white, and all chat is currently Yellow, Im not sure if that was done on purpose or it was switched but in general it would be a little less confusing if this was reverted.

-The text for the chat is extremly large when its the top msg but as it moves down it becomes incredibly small, feel like there should be a slightly better balance of text size there as you cant realy read what person before the top msg writes.

-The fuel indicator as it is now is wonderfull, but It would be even greater if you could have it displayed permently in  transparency and become fully visiable while your fule is low, but it would be understandable that this isnt integrated as part of gameplay balance issue.

#2 Tennoken

Tennoken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:30 AM

I don't recall anyone using the voice chat so I'm not sure if this was fixed but some kind of indicator to know who is talking would be nice.

Loaded with rubber bullets and beanbag rounds.

Posted Image

Fumo, Fumo, Fumoffu!

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:03 AM

Yellow chat color in "Sahara" ( the new Bazzar) is a pain in the ass. The little chat text is barely readable without optic gadgets. (Not to say the overall font size of the GUI.. but I think that has been hammered many times on the forums already).

Check this specific post I made on adding an slider to control transparency of the combat HUD.

P.S. Actually, anyone is using in-game voice chat_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 Titzilla

Titzilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBehind Cover

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:13 AM

In-game voice chat is the quickest way to communicate with teammates. I use it frequently, especially to warn teammates about enemies that are flanking them or about to ambush them. I don't like talking for the entire match, so I don't have it on constantly, but it definitely is a valuable resource that could help rally a team together.
Posted Image

#5 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 23 2012 - 03:11 PM

RE: Voice chat- I use it, or try to, but I don't often get a response from using it.  It seems there are a lot of people who either set it to off, don't realize how it works, or don't have a mic.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 24 2012 - 03:31 AM

Integrated voice chat is kind of a hard thing to do since often the stuff integrated into games is worse than things like Teamspeak 3. It's either too sensitive, has too few options, codec quality isn't up to par, etc.

Organized clans will still run with their own voice comms, external from the game.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#7 Passenger69

Passenger69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted November 24 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostTennoken, on November 23 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

I don't recall anyone using the voice chat so I'm not sure if this was fixed but some kind of indicator to know who is talking would be nice.

Seconded; I'd like to know who's talking, especially if they're spamming background noise.

#8 NeoSkywalker

NeoSkywalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted November 26 2012 - 10:57 AM

I found all of the texts WAY too small (seriously, I can barely read the info on weapons or anything else without almost headbutting my screen). Well, except for the newest chat msg during match - that's incredibly huge compared to all the rest

#9 Alphalance

Alphalance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationAppleloosa

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:47 PM

View Post-Lone_Wolf-, on November 23 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

-The fuel indicator as it is now is wonderfull, but It would be even greater if you could have it displayed permently in  transparency and become fully visiable while your fule is low, but it would be understandable that this isnt integrated as part of gameplay balance issue.

I would agree on all your points but this one. I frequently keep an eye on my fuel gauge as I move a lot on the map and knowing how much I have of it it's full is very important to my place style. Hope that's not just me tho haha

Posted Image

We are the Brotherhood. We are a clan of Strength. We are a clan of Solidarity.

We are a clan of Steel. And our steel is as black as our blood.

Join us at http://blacksteelbrotherhood.enjin.com/home

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users