HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Worst Mech : Rocketer

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:13 AM

Just want to add that this mech is sow bad it makes me wanna cry for choosing this mech. I have experienced countless kills by other inferior mechs , even thou having a high armour is utter usless. Why they ever made a dumb mech like this.

1. Its slow
2. Fire rate for primary is pathetic.
3. Secondary rockets/missles cant hit jackshit.
4 Weak firepower

Please remove this mech or give a revamp at least a notch to the primary and secondary fire rate.

Please what a dumb mech and i am stuck with this piece of junk...

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#2 Enryoki

Enryoki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:16 AM

I upped this topic earlier.
So, firstly:
http://community.pla...vy-class-mechs/

And now:
http://community.pla...-class-mechs-2/

It's okay now mate. Rocketeers are strong now.

#3 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:16 AM

All of this is due to a lack for player skill. Devs read this stuff and responds to it by messing up all the balance in the game. Post like this is how we went from CBE2 to the crazy things they are experimenting with now. It's clearly a play style you are not used to. There seems to be this idea that you can just jump into a mech and fight like every other mech. Every mech has their niche and you just aren't using it. I've been in a full rocketeer team with Asian and Beemann and the other team had no chance. Every mech also has a different strategy to use to fight against. This game isn't COD run around face first into enemies firing as fast you can which is about what I see 90% of fights.

Edited by Deu, November 23 2012 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:18 AM

haha everyone are saying the seeker is op seriously the people who play rocketeer are so confused lately
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#5 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:21 AM

This reminds me of a game today. TDM, we lost but I was MVP with the most Kills and all that jazz.

I was using the Brawler. A dude on the same team started crying about how the Brawler sucks. I was like hello_ You punks dragged the team down and now my class sucks_

And he was like, Brawler sucks cause it's only good in close range. Huh_

Honestly too much, "I suck at using this mech so it sucks."

#6 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:37 AM

Dreizehn, on November 23 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

This reminds me of a game today. TDM, we lost but I was MVP with the most Kills and all that jazz.

I was using the Brawler. A dude on the same team started crying about how the Brawler sucks. I was like hello_ You punks dragged the team down and now my class sucks_

And he was like, Brawler sucks cause it's only good in close range. Huh_

Honestly too much, "I suck at using this mech so it sucks."

yeah i have like a 7.50 ratio with my brawler and i never, ever, ever use the special turret ability, i see all these ability icons in the garage and people use their class abilities, us brawler players don't got nothing, just lots of HP.

edit: you're right lots of people complaining about mechs just because they aren't good players, i'm great with a brawler and its still disadvantaged as it has no special ability basically, its practically a broken class that kicks ass.

Edited by Spiderz, November 23 2012 - 10:40 AM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#7 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:40 AM

Having distinct play styles per ech of the mechs is good thing.

I'll give that big boy a try and post more on this later.. or not. ('ve been low on spare time these last days..) :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#8 Entity

Entity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNiyabainen IV - Moon 1 - CNAP

Posted November 23 2012 - 10:45 AM

Rocketeer is actually the worst mech, but not for any of the reasons the OP posted.

It's the worst because it invariably empties entire servers when you get 2 to 3 times as many kills with it as the next guy in the list :D

#9 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:16 AM

How do we chat on the hawken, what are the key bindings

how do you chat live on the hawkin

#10 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 23 2012 - 11:51 AM

The keybindings for say and team-say are in the keybindings menu. Their defaults are t (for say) and y (for teamsay).

Note that those are for text chat. Team voicechat is also bound in Hawken, and is defaulted to left ctrl.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#11 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 23 2012 - 12:47 PM

Elix, on November 23 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

The keybindings for say and team-say are in the keybindings menu. Their defaults are t (for say) and y (for teamsay).

Note that those are for text chat. Team voicechat is also bound in Hawken, and is defaulted to left ctrl.

You'd think people would know that by now seeing as every game has a keybinding menu. right_ People.. pft.

Edited by Deu, November 23 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:44 PM

The key/s to open the console should be bindable as well. To not say must be a.s.a.p (and if possible)... ES end-users are having trouble because of that.

On the other hand, although I've not purchased the big boy, doesn't seem to be so bad option, IMHO. "He" has a punch and its own playstyle... so to speak. :)

I have no more ME credits ( or were points now_) so I won't test it much during this CB3.. GIMME 100 ME points PLZ!!  lol, kidding :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted November 23 2012 - 04:17 PM

I kill rocketeers super easy so I don't know what everyone is complaining about just get close and straf and they can't hit you. It's called strategy if your fighting them at medium range your a mouth breathing cro–magnon. Think before you engage people
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#14 HandSlander

HandSlander

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationDystopian London

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:01 PM

Oh jesus you people are thick can't you see OP is trollin_ read his second post "how do you chat live on the hawkin" i mean COMEON

Edited by HandSlander, November 23 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#15 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well, he's also from Qatar. English may not be his primary language.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#16 RavenSol

RavenSol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:31 PM

the rocketeer is easily my favorite mech  by a long margine  i get 10+ kills every game  with abunch of assists  it is my only mech i can do that on my bruiser and infiltrator  i only get 3-5 kills. It all comes down to playstyle.  I can't kill anything with  a assualt i die instantly every time. I wouldn't say there is a op mech  out there since i've had no issues killing any of them  i have issues killing really skilled players as it should be.

#17 145154151164145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 05:40 PM

The_Silencer, on November 23 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

The key/s to open the console should be bindable as well. To not say must be a.s.a.p (and if possible)... ES end-users are having trouble because of that.

On the other hand, although I've not purchased the big boy, doesn't seem to be so bad option, IMHO. "He" has a punch and its own playstyle... so to speak. :)

I have no more ME credits ( or were points now_) so I won't test it much during this CB3.. GIMME 100 ME points PLZ!!  lol, kidding :P
For those who may not know, when you press t type you can just delete "say" and the bar will act the same as if you opened the console.  You can also specify keys in the .ini files you just have to sift through it to find the values you want to edit.

#18 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:08 PM

Call me confused, but I thought this was the bug report forum.

#19 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:18 PM

Ok I am in Qatar , but iam a Expat and my Original Country is South Africa and i speak English as my 1st and only Language. Bye the way i dont see the key bindings for chat text in the key binding. how do you open chat and write the text message.

and i guess its about startegy but the darn thing is slow and firepower so weak and the fire rate like snail pace fire the Rocketeer Mech.

Edited by Omega22, November 23 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#20 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 09:19 PM

RipperT, on November 23 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

Call me confused, but I thought this was the bug report forum.
guess we all got carried away

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users