HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Variable power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pandm101

pandm101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 09:53 PM

Variable power works like this there are three levels of power to Strength, Defense, Speed, and scan

You can power up any of them you want, but it affects the others, upgrading power lowers defense and vice versa.

Upgrading speed lowers scan (aka radar range and clarity) and vice versa

You can also leave it be so that the mech is all around good.

Works similarly to some of those space games like the old star trek ones on ps2.

#2 pandm101

pandm101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 12 2011 - 08:16 PM

Oh, and it can be switched on the fly, any thoughts_

#3 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 13 2011 - 06:02 AM

I think we got a thread for this before- IMO it's a great idea, but if they aim to make it more FPS then SIM we might not see it implemented in the game.

Still, I'd love it.

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 13 2011 - 07:42 AM

I have to admit that I probably was somehow shy.. lol on this subject in the moment I posted the "On Cooldowns" thread on here.

I think we do need much more info on the resource/s model ATM. Cooldowns should be definitely entangled to control of fuel and/or whatever else..

So for example, if you put more fuel into your jump-jets then you get better cooldowns for them, and so on. That's why I also mentioned refrigerant or coolant*_ into the equation.. ( we say refrigerant here ). :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users