HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Rendering Thread Exception

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'm not sure if this belongs in support or bug reporting so I'm sticking it here.

Often, when I try to join a match by both the matchmaker and the friend's list, the game will crash at, what appears to be, the end or near the end of the map loading process.

When the game crashes I simply get:

Rendering thread exception.
Fatal Error!

Then when I load the game back up and try to join a server I get:

Connection Lost
Rejecting connection request because the player is already on a server.

EDIT Forgot:

Address = 0xa8ea99   (filename not found) [in D:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

I appear in the servers scoreboard according to people on the server but I'm not actually on the server.

I tried to re install the game and that didn't help. I checked if my video card drivers were up to date and they are. I'm downloading the beta drivers as I type this to see if they'll help.

If you guys need any additional information just post here or send me a PM.

Also, the performance of the game seems to get worse after every beta/alpha event. I could be imagining it though since I don't have records of my average frame rates from each event.

DxDiag:
Spoiler

EDIT:: Also, I did a forum search before posting this and didn't find anything so sorry if this has already been posted.

I also think it has to do with different game modes. I keep crashing while trying to join this Missile Assault server on Bazar but I got into a DM on Alleys just fine.

Edited by BeefC4ke, November 23 2012 - 02:10 PM.

/Merf-isms - What will he come up with next_

dirtnapgaming.com

#2 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:32 PM

Address = 0x16d8eaf  (filename not found) [in D:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x1085e4a  (filename not found) [in D:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x16e1000  (filename not found) [in D:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

When joining Siege Origin(Titan)

dirtnapgaming.com

#3 HellRik

HellRik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted November 23 2012 - 02:58 PM

Try adding theses .exe to your antivirus exception list.

Posted Image

#4 A3DO

A3DO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 08:39 AM

Rendering thread exception error, i get this to, with and without my antivirus running, restarting ther game and my pc does not fix it, cannot rejoin any game after logging in cos it says im already playing. this needs to be fixed.

#5 BeefC4ke

BeefC4ke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 11:05 PM

Yeah AV has nothing to do with it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

dirtnapgaming.com

#6 dirty0harry

dirty0harry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationChesterfield

Posted November 26 2012 - 05:01 AM

Same hear!!    intel i5 2500k 8gb 1600mhz corsair ram 500gb seagate hdd nvidia gtx460 1gb asus motherboard.

#7 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostBeefC4ke, on November 23 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this belongs in support or bug reporting so I'm sticking it here.

Often, when I try to join a match by both the matchmaker and the friend's list, the game will crash at, what appears to be, the end or near the end of the map loading process.

When the game crashes I simply get:

Rendering thread exception.
Fatal Error!

Then when I load the game back up and try to join a server I get:

Connection Lost
Rejecting connection request because the player is already on a server.

EDIT Forgot:

Address = 0xa8ea99   (filename not found) [in D:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

I appear in the servers scoreboard according to people on the server but I'm not actually on the server.

I tried to re install the game and that didn't help. I checked if my video card drivers were up to date and they are. I'm downloading the beta drivers as I type this to see if they'll help.

If you guys need any additional information just post here or send me a PM.

Also, the performance of the game seems to get worse after every beta/alpha event. I could be imagining it though since I don't have records of my average frame rates from each event.

DxDiag:
Spoiler

EDIT:: Also, I did a forum search before posting this and didn't find anything so sorry if this has already been posted.

I also think it has to do with different game modes. I keep crashing while trying to join this Missile Assault server on Bazar but I got into a DM on Alleys just fine.

1) Make sure GPU drivers are up to date but being that you are using a low class card with 512mb of memory this could be an issue. Install MSI Afterburner and enable OSD and watch your GPU memory usage while playing

2) This could be a hardware related issue causing this problem. Have you tried doing some basic diagnostics on your system_ Memtest86 for example_

#8 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:27 AM

Just wait about two or three minutes this should clear your signature from the Siege server,  I've had this happen many times before and each time there is a failed connection crash on Missile or Siege servers, this leave your bot connected.  The same thing happens on Teamspeak servers except TS has more than one request per user that is why after a reconnecting you can see two of the same name connected at the same time...  "If users had more than one connection request this should help fix the problem as is with Teamspeak, a server reboot might help as well"  ;)
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users